Gill Nets

itwasthisbig

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all wondered if any of you would be willing to sign a petition on the Government web site to ban the use of gill nets in UK territorial waters.

Direct link is below

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gillnets/

Thanks

Can't support this, there is more pressing arguments to ban more important issues that cause a lot more damage, it will never take off. You would be better off calling for a ban on the eu who operate what appears to be a money laundering scam where they haven't been able to certify their accounts for years. Cheers. Ask a few of the commercial guys and see what response you get, good luck.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello all wondered if any of you would be willing to sign a petition on the Government web site to ban the use of gill nets in UK territorial waters.

Direct link is below

Thanks

Hi itwasthisbig

[small edit to delete an unwanted bit of backbiting - John S]

If your petition was to be sucessfull all you would be doing is handing other EU member states a free gift. As all fish in our waters mirgrate outside the six mile limit at some point during the year. THE net result to your so call sport would be ZERO however it would have a profound effect on our allready troubled commercial fishing industry.

How would YOU feel, and more imporantly other anglers, if commercial fishermen post a petition asking for a consultation on how many people do the angling representives really represent, (maybe less than 1%) and that as these supposed representives, represent supposed SPORT ANGLERS, THEN A BAG LIMIT OF ZERO SHOULD BE APPIED, remember it works both ways and both sides have a case to answer.

Can you not see that DEFRA are playing off sea anglers against commercials so as to achieve appeasement of the GREENS because of DEFRA'S FAILURE in manageing, along with EU OUR FISHERIES, WAKE UP MAN, and the rest of you anglers.

Commercials have not got a gripe with anglers its the way you are being used and abused to do commercials in is what we object to

have a day

steve

Edited by John S

Hi itwasthisbig

[small edit to delete an unwanted bit of backbiting - John S]

If your petition was to be sucessfull all you would be doing is handing other EU member states a free gift. As all fish in our waters mirgrate outside the six mile limit at some point during the year. THE net result to your so call sport would be ZERO however it would have a profound effect on our allready troubled commercial fishing industry.

How would YOU feel, and more imporantly other anglers, if commercial fishermen post a petition asking for a consultation on how many people do the angling representives really represent, (maybe less than 1%) and that as these supposed representives, represent supposed SPORT ANGLERS, THEN A BAG LIMIT OF ZERO SHOULD BE APPIED, remember it works both ways and both sides have a case to answer.

Can you not see that DEFRA are playing off sea anglers against commercials so as to achieve appeasement of the GREENS because of DEFRA'S FAILURE in manageing, along with EU OUR FISHERIES, WAKE UP MAN, and the rest of you anglers.

Commercials have not got a gripe with anglers its the way you are being used and abused to do commercials in is what we object to

have a day

steve

Steve Good, i for one don't need to be told to wake up, i have my own mind and also my own opinion and i will voice it as i think fit. Not based on defra, or bradshaw,s want's. As for being in the same bed as the greens, well who ever thought of that one?

Could you please tell me what is troubling the commercial fishing industry, the south west doen't seem to have had a bad time of it lately, if it's quota then it's down to the eu. Lack of cod in the north sea, it's down to the eu. The price of white fish appears to be very high, so no problems there. i think we are all to blame for our current lot as we voted to join the eu, didn't we.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Barry

i think we are all to blame for our current lot as we voted to join the eu, didn't we.

I most certainly did not! I think those that did voted for a common market not a dictatorship

itwashisbig

Why not just pitition for commercial fishing to be banned and have done with it?

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Barry

i think we are all to blame for our current lot as we voted to join the eu, didn't we.

I most certainly did not! I think those that did voted for a common market not a dictatorship

Problem being Wurzel, it was alright a long time ago, but there was no get out clause included.

No Roryh, read the petition again,

Edited by barry luxton

Direct link is below

Thanks

Not me mate. The UK coast is a diverse series of places IME and this petiton just shows your lack of understanding of that IMHO.

Tell me why this would be a good thing; area by area: Convince me .......

Chris

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

No Roryh, read the petition again,

Was rushing to work again, will have to read some of these things more closely, have contacted webmaster to remove my name.

Although i think that illegal netting needs stamping on there is nothing wrong with the legitimate practice in its own place, i also think that whoever is trapping the gillnets with the barbed wire traps needs locking away, anyone seen the article?

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

Direct link is below

Thanks

Banning gill nets a mile or two from the shoreline would get a better reception imo maybe not in all regions but a lot of most of them i feel would, check out the golden mile proposal of which government officials are well aware of now, well done for taking the time to organise the petition and good luck with it, cheers..................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly