I don't believe it!

lyn

Well, what can I say??? :angry: I took Liam up the Loddon for the afternoon, as it was up and pushing through I decided we would fish together. I put him in his swim told him where to cast and went to set up myself in the next swim.

I was seting up my rod when I get a call from Liam ' I got one' I hadn't even finished setting my rod up! I went over to him and realised straight away that he had a big barbel on and went back to my swim to get the larger landing net.

He played it himself and managed to keep it away from all the snags. With the water being so coloured it wasn't until it slid over the net that we saw the size of it.

A river I have fished for nearly 18 years on and off and where I had my first ever barbel and I still dream of having a double from there.

Liams barbel weighed in at an amazing 10lb 3oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::clap::fishing1::yahoo: I didn't throw him in, honest! :rolleyes:

I have emailed a pic to Newt to post for me.

Congrats again my little one, out fished Mum again.

lyn

PS I blanked!!

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Congrats to liam well done young man

Well done Liam, that's some fish. :thumbs:

If it's any consolation lyn, remember you taught him. :) (That's what I tell my self, when it's happened to me) :D

Seriously though, you must be well chuffed for him.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

liam-barbel.jpg

Thanks Newt :thumbs:

Budgie, I would say this is his 'proper' first, he can claim this to be totally his, apart from me glueing his pellets on & netting the fish for him (both for safety reasons)he did this on his own with a little advise on turning the rod to make sure it didn't go into any of the snags it kept heading for :headhurt: I tell you 'he done good' I was very proud of the way he handled it.

lyn

My day WILL come ;)

PS Liam has just got up & I stand corrected, I had forgotten his Kennett double!! So this is his 1st Loddon double!

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Congrats Liam, wonderful fish.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.