Spot the lie (friendly competition)

ayjay

I'll go for No 4 then, just to make up the numbers. :)

It seems it's not a popular game, and everyone involved has had at least one go, some three! So I'll bow out after this one, it's hopeless with just the same half dozen all the time. :(

John.

got to agree with that.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, I've had a think, and have to write it down quick, 'cos i'm liable to forget. :blink:

As it's my last, I'll make it a quick and easy one.

While fishing, I have caught the following;

1. A Hat?

2. A Bat?

3. A Rat?

4. A Cat?

Which is the lie?

Over to you. :thumbs:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'll say number 2 is the lie, because a bat is the hardest to catch from all of those choices. Besides That, it's my favorite animal. :thumbs:

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

I think I remember you saying that you caught a bat once when casting out a line, so I'll go for number 4....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Well folks, here's the answers.

No1. Several hats, in fact. One of which was my own. It had been hooked, and cast in by a 'newbie' I'd taken fishing. I had to cast over it and retrieve it, I did first cast! :)

No2. I once hit a bat with my rod, while casting out, during an evening session, sending it spinning into the river :( I didn't catch it though.

No3. At one place I fish, you have to put you landing net into the water because of lack of room on the bank. While landing a bream, I got the fish into my landing net, and lifted it. I was surprised to see a rat along side it. :o It must have been in the net before, or passing, and I timed it just right.

No4. I think I've told this before, but, while fishing for perch on my local canal, I hooked, what I at first, thought was a large fish. It moved slowly to the side, in the flow from a warm water outlet. When I got it into the side I saw it was a sack. Upon cutting it open I found some kittens that have been 'disposed' of, the smell nearly had me falling in. :yucky:

Sorry for bashing your favourite animal Patty, but it's your go.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Here it goes, fellas. :clap2:

1. I once was in Rumania, visiting castle dracula, together with my best friend, and we got locked in over night. That was the most frightening night of my life.

2. While I was living in Louisiana, a poisoned snake – a garden snake - fell from a tree, under which I was sitting, in my lap. I jumped up and run away. I was lucky that it didn’t bite my.

3. While I was driving on a motorway in Los Angeles, with a big cadillac, the hood of the car flew up and bend over my windscreen, driving 70 miles per hour. I could manage to drive to the side of the road without an accident.

4. A few years ago I had a car crash braking my back.

Have fun spoting the lie.

4ham55k.jpg