Forum statistics

Janet

I've just been looking at the board statistics. As of a few moments ago, we had 190 guests, 9 members, and 6 anonymous members.

Why don't all you guests sign up, and come and join in? We don't bite you know! You'll be made welcome. I'm very new to angling, but have had lots of helpful advice.

As for our members who wish to remain anonymous.....why?

Janet

we had 190 guests,

Thats not a true guests number as it also includes search engine spiders which index the site/forums into the search engines (google/msn/yahoo etc...),

There's no exact way of knowing exactly how many guests are online at any one time due to some search engine spiders not being recognised by the forum software.

Its virtually impossible to list all the search spiders as there's literally thousands of them, and it would slow the forums down to a point where it wouldn't load or crash the entire server

Could be someone at work who`s not supposed to be online here or just a mod/admin keep an eye on you lot :P:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r::D

I've just been looking at the board statistics. As of a few moments ago, we had 190 guests, 9 members, and 6 anonymous members.

Why don't all you guests sign up, and come and join in? We don't bite you know! You'll be made welcome. I'm very new to angling, but have had lots of helpful advice.

Janet

I'm in total agreement with your post Janet, especially the anonymous part :thumbs:

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

maybe they are just here fleetingly and not bothered about signing in because littles happening to post about

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its virtually impossible to list all the search spiders
I'm not quite sure what a search spider is, and I have no wish to find out. Anything with more than four legs is totally alien to me!

maybe they are just here fleetingly and not bothered about signing in

If they didn't sign in, wouldn't they just be classed as guests?

Janet

These particular critters are actually pretty useful Janet.

Spiders / Search Bots are the reason you can type a word or phrase into Google, Yahoo Search, etc. and get current results. They spend their entire lives crawling around the internet and telling their 'master' what new info they are finding. The search engines then index/organize that info and use it to help them produce search results for us.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I sometimes (this morning was one of those times) look in when I didn't realise that I wasn't signed in, so appear as Anon.

Never used to have to keep signing every other day or so, no ulterior motives...................

Got to say, I did notice the very large number of viewers......Got quite excited that something special was going on :) :)

Only me on there now..where has everone gone?

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I sometimes look in when I didn't realise that I wasn't signed in, so appear as Anon.

Den

That would show you as a guest not anonymous, Den.

You have to be logged in as anonymous to show up as such.

Guest Ferret1959

I sign is as hidden to keep particular stalkers away.

I am on here sometimes for hours with out posting.

Posting shows I could be one of the hidden posters though. :)

Sorryeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee So I'm guest sometimes ...........................

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic