September meeting with Defra?

Steve Coppolo

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, then. What have you been talking to Defra about this week?

As a sea angler, don't I have a right to know what you are saying on my behalf?

No you don't ... simply because Leon is not your elected representative.

He is his own representative.

As far as I know, Leon has retired from organisations which he, like you and I, were members by choice.

I demand things of my Secretaries of State each day, but only occasionally am I given a reply.

You're on the one-way track of frustration and failure.

Luckily a few will always fight the wrong regulations and legislative measures and believe me this is happening now via MEPs ('dim-witted' most of the time).

Your discussions here are meaningless and cause bad feelings between individuals and groups.

Why do I always end up posting stuff on here to appease the naive?????

:huh:

Silly boogers ... go fishun'!

adasmut2.jpg

:)

How old is that photo, even the dogfish looks like it's going rusty.

:whistling:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

No you don't ... simply because Leon is not your elected representative.

He is his own representative.

Wrong, Ada. He, among others, claimed to represent around 1000,000 sea anglers, including me. So I do have a right to know what he's been saying on my behalf.

As far as I know, Leon has retired from organisations which he, like you and I, were members by choice.

Well, so he keeps saying. If that is the case, I'd like to know under what capacity he's been talking to Defra, Cefas and the Minister, recently. In fact, very recently. Again, it's a question I've asked that, as usual, hasn't been answered.

I demand things of my Secretaries of State each day, but only occasionally am I given a reply.

The difference being, you get to vote for your government.

You're on the one-way track of frustration and failure.

Luckily a few will always fight the wrong regulations and legislative measures and believe me this is happening now via MEPs ('dim-witted' most of the time).

Your discussions here are meaningless and cause bad feelings between individuals and groups.

Why do I always end up posting stuff on here to appease the naive?????

:huh:

Silly boogers ... go fishun'!

:)

A very selfish view, if you don'ty mind me saying. You've had the best out of sea angling and now it seems you are happy to sit back and watch it destroyed. I know you've done, what you thought at the time, was "your bit", but defending the rubbish we have in front of us now is as good as sticking two fingers up, (cue silly cartoon of two fingers sticking up), to the sport of sea angling.

Given the choice of highlighting the very real dangers and enemies we face, or saving the feelings of a few arrogant ****'s, I know where my loyalties lie.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

You dont have to worry about Leon any more Steve. Hes retired and is no longer a member of SACN. He is not interested in anything other than fishing. We can all rest safe tonight in the knowledge our sport is now safe.

Or at least thats the message hes pushing on wsf north east. Strangely enough he's posted a load of info there on MPA's so noone can accuse him of keeping "a secret from the anglers in the North-East". Hes concerned that DEFRA will turn the whole area into a great big MPA if no one tells them where are all the best fishing areas are. I was so convinced Ive dug out my 89-2009 diary and sent it off to CEFAS.

Edited by glennk

You dont have to worry about Leon any more Steve. Hes retired and is no longer a member of SACN. He is not interested in anything other than fishing. We can all rest safe tonight in the knowledge our sport is now safe.

Or at least thats the message hes pushing on wsf north east. Strangely enough he's posted a load of info there on MPA's so noone can accuse him of keeping "a secret from the anglers in the North-East". Hes concerned that DEFRA will turn the whole area into a great big MPA if no one tells them where are all the best fishing areas are. I was so convinced Ive dug out my 89-2009 diary and sent it off to CEFAS.

Oooohhhh, the best thing you and your mates can do then is tell them everything. Don't forget to tell them how many fish you catch, just in case you are catching too many. Then Nasty Nature, or Defra, or Cefas, or The WWF, can tell you how many they think is safe for you and the other 10,000,000, (or was it 20,000,000?), anglers to take. After all, you wouldn't want to deplete the cod stocks, would you?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

When the man from Nasty Nature went into the tackle shop he told them how they want to protect the rare corals off the coastline. Apparently anglers hooks tear them off the sea bed. One lad tore a strip of the man and asked them if they had any knowledge of how much damage the easterly wash outs do every year on the coast. Masses of coral, weeds, and marine life such as crabs, worms, mussels, and anything else that lives on the sea bed are killed every year by the washouts and then dumped on the shore. The expert scientist seemed to have no knowledge of this natural phenomenon which kills more every year than any angler does in a lifetime.

The expert scientist seemed to have no knowledge of this natural phenomenon which kills more every year than any angler does in a lifetime.

I can name you one unnatural phenomenon called intensive, environmentally-destructive, industrial fishing which kills more than you can ever imagine in a lifetime.

trawlpic6edit-1.jpg

Another poor catch by their own standards, I guess?

Probably shovel 'em back and try again.

:rolleyes: