September meeting with Defra?

Steve Coppolo

Hi Leon

I have listed my questions, most concerning the involvement of RSA representatives in a three year study to monitor anglers catches, so that you can provide a copy of your answers, given on a private forum, for the benefit of all those sea anglers that knew / still know nothing about it.

Hi Wayne,

Sorry I've grown weary of the tune that you are attempting to play.

Too many discordant and downright ugly notes.

I'm not dancing to it.

I've far better things to do with my time.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wayne,

I'm not dancing to it.

Oh, come on Leon. It's only another copy and paste. You're good at those, so it wouldn't take long.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

This questionaire which cefas have dished out to be filled in is just a smokescreen when will they ever get it into there heads anglers pose no threat to fish stocks around our shores its all to get anglers on bag limits, licences and what will it do to increase stocks nothing its laughable the slaughter still goes on around our shores at certain times of the year get that problem adressed and we might start getting somewhere.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge
Dont forget that this type of thing still goes on too :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/vide...rawler.prolific

We neednt worry about a quota as there wont be anything to catch.

So what does this video tell you then glen?

why do you think these fishermen went to all the trouble of catching the fish, then gutting and washing it all, then packing it all away in ice in boxes in the fish room only to have to hand ball it all up on to the shelter deck to dump it back overboard again? (Why hand ball it all up onto the shelter deck when it would have been so much easier to of dump it all through the chute?) And all this In front of a Norwegian coastguard fisheries enforcement vessel?

I'm starting to think its all a bit too late to start addressing the real problems Paul. Things such as discards and illegal fishing, no one is interested. The focus of DEFRA has be turned to sea fishing with rod and line. The spotlight was put on us some time ago by the likes of Leon and the other leaders of the fishing rep bodies. Someone should have knocked that spotlight out as soon as it was lit. Leaving it until now, is really too late. Once its got as far as researching anglers catches, it starts to look pretty bad for the future of the sport. Or at least the future of the sport as you currently recognise it. I think an EU quota is not far away, and if that gets overturned then its only a matter of time before the marine bill gives the SFC the powers to stick you on a bag limit, and this signifies the end of your business as it currently stands.

Sadly Paul I now believe the days of charter fishing as you know it are all but over. The amount of anglers who will be willing to pay you £50 a trip to be allowed to take a couple of fish will be low. The number of those type of anglers coming to ports like Whitby will diminish pretty fast. If you could offer quality cod fishing you might stand a chance but youll need bigger fish in the water for that. Rather than wasting your time replying to DEFRA and CEFAS with these questionnaires Id put my effort into making sure your one charter skipper who survives what's coming. Diversification is the future. Start looking at Tope and inshore fishing for Bass and Pollock. I remember you saying that the bass fishing to the south of Scarborough is no further for you than going to the wall. People will pay you a premium for that type of fishing, but you must operate a far stricter policy on keeping of those types of fish as they wont be around for long if you take them out.

Guest challenge
This questionaire which cefas have dished out to be filled in is just a smokescreen when will they ever get it into there heads anglers pose no threat to fish stocks around our shores its all to get anglers on bag limits, licences and what will it do to increase stocks nothing its laughable the slaughter still goes on around our shores at certain times of the year get that problem adressed and we might start getting somewhere.

paul.

it maybe that the RSA may (through what they want from the around the table) pose much more of a threat to the commercial fishermen then they have ever posed to the fish Paul.

What would that be, Leon........openness and honesty?

Upon reading your responses, to my questions, posted on a private forum, the same thing crossed my mind!

I'm not dancing to it.

You're not getting off of the hook that easily. This thread bears testament to the way in which sea anglers are being fobbed off and kept in the dark.

I, amongst a growing number of other very concerned sea anglers, will ensure that it stays near to the top of the page, for all to see!

Edited by Sharkbyte

Up.

as quoted by glennk

"""Sadly Paul I now believe the days of charter fishing as you know it are all but over. The amount of anglers who will be willing to pay you £50 a trip to be allowed to take a couple of fish will be low."""

this will not only apply to paul on sea otter, but each and every charter skipper / guide etc who makes his/ her living from taking people to sea to catch fish

seems to me like certain people have really opened a whole word of sh##e for anyone involved in sea angling

in a while, whoever started these proceedings on behalf of the uk's r s a can sit back and put their feet up safe in the knowledge that they and they alone have completely fu##ed the british sea angler

congratulations to who ever you are, you have done an absolutley stunning job and and we sit here in awe at your stupidity and wonder just which direction you will lead us next??????????????????????????????????

con fu##ing gratulations :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: