fishing on tv

dapper64

I aggre with that Ken,

There are LOADS of DVDs and Videos out there by the likes of Nuddy, Mick Brown,Will raison etc.

I am sure they would be able to show these cheaper than making new series or even showing the old ones! :thumbs::thumbs:

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I would love to see a Fishing Channel.

Theres plenty of companies which are more than campaible of making a tv channel. If the companies like browning and TFGear, and all the rest join together surely they could afford to keep a tv channel going.

We have the Angling Times and many other magazines who would be capabile of adding there input into the channel.

We havve great anglers like matt hayes and john wilson with plenty of information to share but no were to show it and im sure they'd love to be apart of a channel dedicated to fishing.

84854438.png

There are LOADS of DVDs and Videos out there by the likes of Nuddy, Mick Brown,Will raison etc.

I am sure they would be able to show these cheaper than making new series or even showing the old ones!

Better yet, there are heaps made for the US, Aussie, Canaidian, South African and NZ markets that will be in English and nd the makers could allow them to be broadcast as a taster for their DVD only offerings.

Actually, those same countries must have a fair back catalogue of fishing TV that could be aired and found relevent in the UK. Afterall, Rex Hunt doesn't dominate the world.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Better yet, there are heaps made for the US, Aussie, Canaidian, South African and NZ markets that will be in English and nd the makers could allow them to be broadcast as a taster for their DVD only offerings.

Actually, those same countries must have a fair back catalogue of fishing TV that could be aired and found relevent in the UK. Afterall, Rex Hunt doesn't dominate the world.

When you think that more people go fishing on a weekend than football, and fishing is the most participated sport in britain,,,,the tv should be loaded with fishing programms,,,i for 1 would prefer to watch a good fishing program than football, imo

Take a look in our Ebay shop for Carp Baits, Additives & other items

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Secret-Bait-A...Q3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

It's a shame that Discovery Real Time aren't commissioning anymore but I think they saturated their own market. What is that old saying about entertainment?

"Always leave them wanting more..."

No one at Discovery Real Time seems to have heard of this. The thing about football is that there is always a something new to show. No match is ever the same. There is only so much you can show about fishing in my opinion. There are only so many species to catch. Only so many methods etc.

I enjoy watching them but they can get tedious. Matt Hayes did a series called Lake Escapes but he rarely fished lakes! He went river fishing and sea fishing in a lot of them!

Nothing comes close to A Passion for Angling but that took 4 years to make! And Hugh Miles (the director/maker) only started to make a profit from it a couple of years ago. It was a real labour of love. Filming is VERY expensive and with fishing you can go through hours with nothing happening.

Sky Sports do a few programmes. Tight Lines with Keith Arthur is a weekly show (similar in format to Football Focus) and the Korda guys have made series called "Thinking Tackle". 100% carp and VERY technical. I've seen a few others but can't remember them!

There is a future in angling programmes but someone needs to come up with a different format.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

It's a shame that Discovery Real Time aren't commissioning anymore but I think they saturated their own market. What is that old saying about entertainment?

"Always leave them wanting more..."

No one at Discovery Real Time seems to have heard of this. The thing about football is that there is always a something new to show. No match is ever the same. There is only so much you can show about fishing in my opinion. There are only so many species to catch. Only so many methods etc.

I enjoy watching them but they can get tedious. Matt Hayes did a series called Lake Escapes but he rarely fished lakes! He went river fishing and sea fishing in a lot of them!

Nothing comes close to A Passion for Angling but that took 4 years to make! And Hugh Miles (the director/maker) only started to make a profit from it a couple of years ago. It was a real labour of love. Filming is VERY expensive and with fishing you can go through hours with nothing happening.

Sky Sports do a few programmes. Tight Lines with Keith Arthur is a weekly show (similar in format to Football Focus) and the Korda guys have made series called "Thinking Tackle". 100% carp and VERY technical. I've seen a few others but can't remember them!

There is a future in angling programmes but someone needs to come up with a different format.

I can remember watching a passion for angling on sunday nights, the episode where they were fishing out of a tree and setting up a dummy dressed as angler in the middle of a carp pond stick in my mind.this series should definitely be shown again.

I can remember watching a passion for angling on sunday nights, the episode where they were fishing out of a tree and setting up a dummy dressed as angler in the middle of a carp pond stick in my mind.this series should definitely be shown again.

You're be pleased to hear it's currently being repeated on Discovery Real time Extra at the moment! You may have missed some or all of the series but I dare say they'll be repeated very shortly as Discovery are running non-stop angling programmes throughout April & May.

Edit note: the next episode is at 11pm tonight. Full details of later programmes can be found at http://library.digiguide.com/lib/programme/91066

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net