Angling venues near Mitcham,Surrey?

Dick Dastardly

Spending quite a lot of time in the week up in London at the moment.Getting bored so any sugestions for some local fishing? Nothing to serious just something fun and casual?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi BUDGIE,

I think the nearest River spot is Kingston-upon-Thames,there are the lakes in Richmond Park and i have been told about a fishery on Mitcham common called Seven Islands pond.

Seven Islands Pond

Mitcham Common, Off A236 Croydon Road

Fineline

Fishing & Angling Equipment based in the Mitcham Road area of London

Tel: 020 86721699

Address: 299 Mitcham Road, London, , SW17 9JQ

Or try here for more local info.

Regards.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Thanks for all the replies lads most apreciated.

I had forgot about Marsh Farm! Didnt really think of its location in regards tp Mitcham! will definately give there another go as its relatively close.

The Wandle was my first thought (I love river trouting and dont get much chance to do it) Remember seeing it on the recent Accidental Angler program.Charles struggled though and he seemed a very competent river trout angler so I must presume that it would be a bit hit and miss.Maybe if Charles is still looking in he wouldnt mind PM ing me a few pointers?

Ive passed Fine Line a couple of times as its only just up the road from where Im staying.My girlfriends boys dont rate Seven Islands though! will still take a look though.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Spending quite a lot of time in the week up in London at the moment.Getting bored so any sugestions for some local fishing?

Don't y'all have that big old river running right through London?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Don't y'all have that big old river running right through London?

We do, but it's the close season for river coarse fishing until June 16th, and I think the only trout fishing is on the weirs, for which you need a special permit:

http://www.waterscape.com/River_Thames/ang...5860;maxn210297

Or there's always eel fishing, I suppose...

Ah, Mitcham! I used to live there! Gerry's in Wimbledon is good for info. I ended up driving down the A3 into Surrey tbh - the Wandle is a lovely little river but it's hardly relaxing fishing. Some of the Surrey clubs like Farnham are worth a look - only about 45 mins away. Good luck!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Ah, Mitcham! I used to live there! Gerry's in Wimbledon is good for info. I ended up driving down the A3 into Surrey tbh - the Wandle is a lovely little river but it's hardly relaxing fishing. Some of the Surrey clubs like Farnham are worth a look - only about 45 mins away. Good luck!

I would definately recommend Farnham Angling Society (FAS) what ever you fish for - they have a range of waters all around Surrey, Hampshire & Berkshire. You can have a look at their waters on their website: www.farnhamanglingsociety.com

Other clubs in the area include Godalming AS.

we have a couple of anglers from mitcham fish FAS stockbridge regularly ,less cormerants they say

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson