the hand that feeds you

Andy_1984

I saw that on the BBC news website; apparently the victim was a vet as he tried to give it an anaesthetic injection.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

That picture doesn't look genuine to me.

It was in the paper this morning Sportsman, together with a picture of said vet in hospital waving with his other arm. Apparently they managed to sew this one back on.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

It was in the paper this morning Sportsman, together with a picture of said vet in hospital waving with his other arm. Apparently they managed to sew this one back on.

I don't doubt that the vet had his arm bitten off but I don't think that is a picture of it. I've seen lots of traumatic amputations over the years and that one is much too clean cut. Crocs don't have teeth that can shear like that either, in fact they have a real problem chewing their food. They tend to store it under water till it softens and then rip bits off and swallow them whole.

I think that is an artist impression / photoshop special.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I don't doubt that the vet had his arm bitten off but I don't think that is a picture of it. I've seen lots of traumatic amputations over the years and that one is much too clean cut. Crocs don't have teeth that can shear like that either, in fact they have a real problem chewing their food. They tend to store it under water till it softens and then rip bits off and swallow them whole.

I think that is an artist impression / photoshop special.

Would agree but that arm is bite size in that mouth :lol: but your right a croc would have to roll to tear his arm off and as it had a dart up its nether regions I would not have thought that possible. Certainly a very strange picture.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I agree and disagree (typical Corydorain behaviour) I agree that the photo is a photoshop job, it certainly looks like one. I disagree with the assumption that a crock would need to do a death roll to bite off something as puny as a human arm. The back leg of a zebra maybe, but a skinny little human arm, it would be like a hot knife through butter.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote