Nuisance fish

Kappa

I may moan about the littel bream on my local lake costing me a fortune in PVA and keeping me up all night but soem "nuisance" fish are more than welcome!

Anyone else got any good pics/stories of nuisance fish? These are some rudd I caught on Saturday night whilst after tench. The biggest was 1lb 12oz and was HUGE!

Rich

post-560-1177960670_thumb.jpg

post-560-1177960663_thumb.jpg

post-560-1177960683_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

these are the pest in one of our carp lakes ,this took (eventually i expect) a 22mm boily ,he's smaller than most

the phones 6" long ,i'd much prefer yours

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm just the opposite to you lads, no pictures, but I hardly fish still waters now, because I can't get away from nuisance carp. :angry:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest tigger
I may moan about the littel bream on my local lake costing me a fortune in PVA and keeping me up all night but soem "nuisance" fish are more than welcome!

Anyone else got any good pics/stories of nuisance fish? These are some rudd I caught on Saturday night whilst after tench. The biggest was 1lb 12oz and was HUGE!

Rich

post-560-1177960670_thumb.jpg

post-560-1177960663_thumb.jpg

post-560-1177960683_thumb.jpg

You got some corkers there Richard, I know you were after Tench but you've gotta be happy with them m8.

You got some corkers there Richard, I know you were after Tench but you've gotta be happy with them m8.

I was very happy! I think next time I'm going to try to target them! I'll probably end up catching something else then!

Rich

I had a load 1lb+ roach this evening while tenching and yesterday while tenching had a few 2lb perch witch i ended up fishing for insted.Great two days fishing indeed.Only ended up with 3 Tench out of two days no biguns bigest 5lb smallest 2lb.

Guest tigger
I was very happy! I think next time I'm going to try to target them! I'll probably end up catching something else then!

Rich

Just curious Richard, what was your set up and bait ?

Those are real beauties! That big one must be getting on for a PB, surely!

The only real nuisance fish I've had recently were perch while pike fishing on the Thames. Last season I had quite a few surprise 1.5lb-2.5lb perch on livebaits fished on heavy pike gear, not that I'm complaining! A lot dropped off at the last minute but a few were landed. I didn't weigh the one below but it was about 2lb.

My best 'nuisance' fish, though, was on opening day last season, float fishing for tench under my rod tip using luncheon meat. It weighed bang on 2lb and was a REAL surprise!

(Excuse my pale bod... :D )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I had a load 1lb+ roach this evening while tenching and yesterday while tenching had a few 2lb perch witch i ended up fishing for insted.Great two days fishing indeed.Only ended up with 3 Tench out of two days no biguns bigest 5lb smallest 2lb.

That's some fishery!

"Loads" of pound plus roach, two pound perch and a five pound tench is "no bigun". I wish they were like that near me!