Wingham Fish-In Sat May 19th to Mon May 21st

Steve Burke

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I'm going to let her slack after that you understand. Oh no, sirree!

No he certainly hasn't!!!!!. On top of it all he demanded BJS for his dinner tonight. Baked Jam Sponge to the uniniated. And he got it!!!. Mind you he had had a pretty gutty day. Managed a double portion and custard :rolleyes:

Looking forward to meeting you all over the weekend.

Peggy

Edited by Peggy Burke

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/...st_weather.html

Met office says Temperatures up to 16 degrees C over the weekend with mainly South Westerly winds, patchy cloud and dry all weekend!

Met check just about agrees.

The temperatures supposed to be up to 19 today.

Looking forward to seeing you all around lunchtime tomorrow!

For Wingham weather forecasts type in CT3 as the postcode to get a slightly more accurate forecast than for Canterbury.

As Rob said it looks like it's going to be largely dry throughout with SW winds (breezy on Saturday) and quite a bit of sun. However temperatures will be below average which won't help, neither will the fact that they'll have fallen, especially with much lower humidity. Hopefully the increased sunshine will help counteract this and keep the water temperature from falling.

In other words it could be better, but it could be a lot worse! Certainly it'll be a big improvement on last year - and look what was caught then!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

No he certainly hasn't!!!!!. On top of it all he demanded BJS for his dinner tonight. Baked Jam Sponge to the uniniated. And he got it!!!. Mind you he had had a pretty gutty day. Managed a double portion and custard :rolleyes:

Looking forward to meeting you all over the weekend.

Peggy

When I bought her from the slave market she was listed as a hard worker and a good cook. If she wasn't I'd have taken her back for a refund! <_<

Seriously though she's a gem and I'm spoilt. Mind you I spoil her too.

Peggy and Wingham. Ain't life great! B)

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

You're a lucky man, Steve!

The last few posts really show how much effort goes into these fish-ins. I doubt many other syndicates would be as generous.

My cold has finally left me and I'm now getting excited! The thought of rolling tench and a spring dawn at Wingham will be enough to keep me from getting much sleep tonight...

Fingers crossed for the weather, but it'll be great just to be there and meet up with some of you. My new tench rod hasn't arrived, so at least I don't need to worry about the curse of the new tackle!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Good Luck to you all, (even if it is the closed season :rolleyes:;):) )

I hope the weather is better down there, it's blowing a hooley up here, (my wheel barrow as just been blown across the garden!), with occasional heavy showers.

Looking forward to the reports, and photos. :thumbs:

It amazes me how much Steve, Peggy, and the Wingham lads put into this weekend. Well done to you all. :thumbs:

Although I can't be there, the offer to attend, was, so I'd like to say a big thank you for that.

Tight Lines

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Good Luck to you all, (even if it is the closed season :rolleyes:;):) )

To those it may concern,

The term 'Closed Season' has recently been reclassified as 'Tench Season'. Please update your calanders accordingly.

:PB)

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

As promised here's a picture of one of my bobbins so you can make something similar.

The line clip is a Gardner one, although there are cheap copies now for about 60p. The red tubing is made from catapult elastic, whilst the other end of the Betalight is attached with some clear silicon tubing. Alternatively you could use a Starlite or a battery-powered light instead of the Betalight. The SSG shot are clipped to a piece of wire equal in length to the size of the bankstick when closed. I prefer wire as it doesn't tangle but some stiff flourocarbon or thick mono will do almost as well. At the other end of the wire is a bulldog clip (£1.99 for 5 in W.H. Smith or Staples).

They're cheap, quick to make, and above all very effective. On windy days you simply rest some of the SSG shot on the ground.

Bobbin2.jpg

I've 4 of these, and can probably quickly make another up on the bank as I've some spare components.

If anyone wants to borrow some of these bobbins it's first come, first served.

I made some up the other day which are very similar to what you have done. I just need a clip to attach them to the bank sticks, thought I had some but will pick some up later when I am out and about. Mine bobbins take internal weights, so hopefully doing away with a string of swanshot down the line.

Paul

Mine bobbins take internal weights, so hopefully doing away with a string of swanshot down the line.

The advantage of the swanshot is that I can anchor the bobbin yet it'll still show dropbacks. Of course an internally-weighted bobbin will be neater than mine and you can still add swanshot anyway. :thumbs: