Wingham Fish-In Sat May 19th to Mon May 21st

Steve Burke

I've just e-mailed further details of the Fish-In including fishery rules and directions for non-members. If you haven't received these by tomorrow please let me know.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just e-mailed further details of the Fish-In including fishery rules and directions for non-members. If you haven't received these by tomorrow please let me know.

Forget to ask, would I be totally stupid to bring my pole?

Rich

Forget to ask, would I be totally stupid to bring my pole?

Rich

No, but you might have to hold it a long time without a bite!

I can see the advantages of a pole, but never having used one myself I'm not the one to ask.

Where's Poledark?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I took my pole last year, Steve picked a good swim for me, idea was to show Jan and Newt what pole fishing was all about.

Wind howled and I could hardly hang on to the pole, let alone fish with it, so I packed it away....this year I am using two feeder rods and will also take a float rod.. :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

The weather's always dire when I go to Wingham :(

Weather is going to be awful <_<

Most weekends I look at the weather and decide whether to go Fishing, windsurfing, mountain biking or work at the last minute The trouble happens when ever I pre arrange anything the weather always comes out wrong - look at last year 30-40 mph wind not nice for fishing would of been fantastic windsurfing! :rolleyes:

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Am I the only one who loves a big wind when still water fishing? Huge undertows moving the fish, slap slap of waves on the shore............................pure heaven :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I took my pole last year, Steve picked a good swim for me, idea was to show Jan and Newt what pole fishing was all about.

Wind howled and I could hardly hang on to the pole, let alone fish with it, so I packed it away....this year I am using two feeder rods and will also take a float rod.. :)

Den

Yes to be honest I was thinking of using it if I have an obvious close in features such a tress or reeds. I've had big carp on it before so I reckon it could handle a near 10lb tench! I was thinking of accuracy's sake it might make the difference especially as I'll be able to twitch the worm to tempt those perch!

Rich

It's worth taking your pole Richard even if you don't use it. You'll almost certainly not have to carry it as we run a taxi service to and from your swim!

Does it have strong elastic? We had several double figure pike last year on worms, which would be quite entertaining on a pole! I'd take it anyway, as Steve says. The swim we were in last year was great for float fishing until the wind got up and made it impossible. The water was very clear though so I don't know if a pole overhead would put the fish off?

Just think, a new record bream caught on a pole!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music