Net Dive Bags

Greywulff

Best to rope the tail then, but I'd as sooner cut the hook off without hauling it aboard. If only we had a smiley of a shark giggling like a girl.....great term!

I have 3 karabiners and 5 shackles left. Yak rattles like a middle aged housewife with hypochondria.

:D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharks ..... no way I like my fish pan size and preferably without teeth

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

I take it then were divided on this topic of net bags to keep fish fresh along side the yak although they may not attracted sharks they could potentially attract one and because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't. I'm not suggesting Great Whites but Blues or Porbeagles

I hope to target tope myself from the yak but after this thread I think the net bag might stay in the wardrobe until it chum time.

:cry: Can't help thinking what if? :cry:

:whistling::thumbs: Big girls blouse eh. :thumbs::whistling:

Think about it, you're out on the water ALONE with a net bag attached over the side of the yak full of kicking "KILLER MACKIES" and out of the blue so to speak ur yak gets violently pulled around the place for what seems an eternity and even if you don't fall in and the shark swims off with the net bag. What colour is ur shorts gonna be after that?

:headhurt::headhurt: We have all seen this right! :headhurt::headhurt:

SHARK.jpg

Greywulff

I Don't care who you are... You're not walking on water while I'm Fishing!

Prowler 13 Angler

He survived didn't he? there you go then!

Haha. Anyways, I'll pop my bags over the side happily, but probably on a short length of cord as per skin divers (against the belt attachment idea). If they take the bag it's no great shakes. For chum I'd probably have the bag out away from the yak anyhow so as to not spook the fish -and I'd use an onion bag or something that I wouldn't be worried about if it got chomped.

I think the attraction of a shark would be a positive thing in itself, just to see it from the yak, and could well happen without chum. Perhaps it'd get curious, like the harbour porpoise I traked until it came in for a close-up look-see. Maybe a bump, but I don't envisage a shark in UK waters to actively attack the yak as it won't resemble lunch, won't vibrate (with the exception of the OK Venus which is designed for women and may well have a handbag-hatch. Oooh, sorry for being a chauvinist!) and won't be giving out lots of juicy food smells. We're cold water anyway so the feeding patterns would likely not be conducive to attacking large prey.

hell my yak looks fine this week! Well pimped!

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

hell my yak looks fine this week! Well pimped!

Well get a photo and giz a look you tart :P :P

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Well get a photo and giz a look you tart :P :P

Shan't. (Pout smiley).

Well, not until such time as I get to the beach. Depends on wind and sun tomorrow. Back garden pics are oh so wrong.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I use an old landing net net I found in the bin at my fishery threaded rope through spliced two loops attached a carabina and bobs your uncle clipped on to the anchor trolley works a treat.

No sharks in my lake!

how many knotted net you got in the shed? or broken ones.........convert em and save some dosh!

Dave

KFF

Edited by Troller

Target fish: Anything!

Used to use an old collier's washing bag as a keepnet when I fished in cobles off Whitby and Staithes. Never had a Gt. White, Orca or killer Mackerel bother the catch.

There was a pod of Orcas sighted off Flamborough last summer. I was yakking in the south bay and they were swimming round the north bay so fortunately our paths didn't cross. Had they, I don't think I would have followed the 'stick on a big hook and bite trace and have a go for them' school of thought............ :rolleyes:

Regards, Clive

Used to use an old collier's washing bag as a keepnet when I fished in cobles off Whitby and Staithes. Never had a Gt. White, Orca or killer Mackerel bother the catch.

There was a pod of Orcas sighted off Flamborough last summer. I was yakking in the south bay and they were swimming round the north bay so fortunately our paths didn't cross. Had they, I don't think I would have followed the 'stick on a big hook and bite trace and have a go for them' school of thought............ :rolleyes:

I think it would have been more a grab the camera and click away like buggery moment.

how many knotted net you got in the shed? or broken ones.........convert em and save some dosh!

Dave

KFF

no shed and no knotted net whatsoever---but the bags are only £1.99 :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph