back on the river

dapper64

Well just under 4 weeks left to wait so what will you all be fishing for ?,I'll probably be trying for some of the grayling that were released in the river aire at bingley as Ive never caught one before,I sometimes have the last hour catching pike with a plug.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:headhurt:

Well just under 4 weeks left to wait so what will you all be fishing for ?,I'll probably be trying for some of the grayling that were released in the river aire at bingley as Ive never caught one before,I sometimes have the last hour catching pike with a plug.

:headhurt: i am looking forward to it i havnt done any river fishing in years but i will be trying some of the northampton stretches of the nene for chub if anyone has any ideal areas or tactics they would be gratefully recieved, also if anyone knows any barbel swims let me know please :rolleyes:

If your looking for Barbel on the Nene you'll have to travel downstream to the Ringstead area, you'll find some down there, especially in the backwaters.

As for chub there's good old "chub Alley" near to South Bridge, and Carlsberg Brewery, other than that they are spread down most areas of the Nene all you have to do to find them is remember what sort of haunt they like.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

the pond is well up in attendance now the rivers are out of use ,the good thing is the more anglers that chuck in bait the more the fish respond to non "natural" bait and get caught ,gets quiet again after the close season ends and only the regulars turn up

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the pond is well up in attendance now the rivers are out of use ,the good thing is the more anglers that chuck in bait the more the fish respond to non "natural" bait and get caught ,gets quiet again after the close season ends and only the regulars turn up

chub alley is that the stretch nr toys r us roundabout

AH thanks for that ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

O well only 4 more weeks of nice peaceful seatrouting before you lot come crashing about!

The river is never closed to an alrounder, Just keeps it interesting for me swapping around the species.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

O well only 4 more weeks of nice peaceful seatrouting before you lot come crashing about!

The river is never closed to an alrounder, Just keeps it interesting for me swapping around the species.

I never Crash about anywere!!!, Us midland anglers are not able to fish for seatrout as they don't run up the Avon or Seven ( well not worth the effort of hoping to conect with one)

I shall be targeting Zander on the Avon, my juices have been running just thinking about it for the last few weeks.

I will have to fight all the Barble boys for a decent swim, so I might even be on the bank at midnight on the 14/15 june.

I have been planning a rig with just a large single hook and are going to leave the trebles at home.

I really can't wait, I really am board with lakes, (just not the same as water with flow)

I have been chucking the fluff up at drycote for the last few weekends, and have had some great sport. the buzzer hatch there 3 weeks ago was unreal, every time you breathed in you were spiting out flys, I have never seen anything like it.

anyway started to ramble.

can't wait

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Can't wait for the rivers to open again

I'm going to be fishing for the pike hopefully getting to grips with lure fishing more.

May target some barbel too as there are some great spots on the Bath/Bristol avon for them and I've never fished for them before.

I'll be targeting the Carp on the river Medway at the start of the season again this year. In the next week or so we will be prebaiting the swims and will most likely be bivvying up for the first 24-48 of the season. Will also be throwing a few lures around while there for the perch/pike.

PETE.

Fishing in Kent and the south east. With a new look for 2003.

http://www.angelfire.com/pw/thetangler