What's your favourite type of venue?

Steve Burke

It's got to be the tidal reaches of the River Trent for me, it's where I was taught to fish as a young lad and where i've caught most of my personal bests.

Although last season I did quite a bit on the Derbyshire Derwent and really enjoyed having to learn a new river and walk the banks spotting fish.

Cheers

SM

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite similar to others here. Natural rivers, both big and small. Quiet, seclusion in beautiful surroundings is ideal as I work with people all day every day and its nice to get away from time to time. That said, its nice to have a little company to have a natter when the fish arent interested. The same is to be said of still waters but the small, natural, mature (as has been mentioned here before) pond with lillies and rushes are best for tench, crucians and, quite frankly, anything else which happens to take the bait. It doesnt really matter when you are there.

Guest tigger

I like to fish the rarley fished waters or the ones that are so big that the fish you catch has probably never been caught before, oh and nice surroundings, birdsong etc,etc,etc, just the usual stuff I think most of us would like. :thumbs:

A southern chalk stream in mid-winter. The river's full with just a hint of colour not enough to put the grayling off but enough for the perch dace chub et al to be feeding avidly!!

In the summer I'll be found on the banks of Mat's 'Mr Crabtree' tench and crucian pond!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

My favourite venue?? It HAS to be the TINY mill dam in Dewsbury where I have seen MORE 3/4lb Perch out than anywhere else in the UK!! Plus Roach to 3Lb and the water also has a good head of Bream (8Lb) and carp (15lb) and all this from a water you can WALK around in under 5 minutes!!! But now VERY private due to the Perch!! And who can blame them!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I like one that offers a wide variety of swims so that regardless of air temp, water temp, wind direction, rock bottom, mud bottom, weed, brush, down trees, shoreline cover, in-water stucture, and all the other variables, I can locate a place that will produce fish if I'm clever enough to figure out where they want to be on a given day.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

As others have said I think it depends what you're after but I have to say I'd fish Wingham full time if I was nearer !

(And if Steve would let me !)

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"