I remember when........

Alan Roe

I would not change this forum for the world. I have made friends just as you have and hope to make more, fallen out with poeple made up with them again, found venues that I had never heard of to fish at, Repaired my Bioler,built Brazing hearths, nearly had a heart attack laughing reading some of chesters Museings, Its not that bad is It? one of the beauties of meeting poeple on a forum is you can pick your fights and your freinds without the inconvieniance of having them in your face if your not seeing Eye to eye, Change thread pick a differant one or restart an old row by resurecting a pulled thread <_< when no one is looking :thumbs:

It may have been more gentile in the past I can only go back a few years? but in my opinion its great !

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
Hello Janet, Martin was telling me about you in the studio the other morning. Glad to see that you are really enjoying this wonderful pastime.

Did he tell you about the Prince Albert Open Day on the 10th of June at Ribchester it's a great day out and its free.

I'll be there doing the centerpin demonstation

Sounds interesting that. I'll have to come and have a nosey myself. I used to fish the Ribchester stretch many moons ago. I had some good chub on that stretch in the pool up past the Museum (on what used to be the Farmers stretch).

What time wll you be there Alan it would be nice to speak to you and see you put the Wallis cast into practise.

Guest Brumagem Phil
I would not change this forum for the world. I have made friends just as you have and hope to make more, fallen out with poeple made up with them again, found venues that I had never heard of to fish at, Repaired my Bioler,built Brazing hearths, nearly had a heart attack laughing reading some of chesters Museings, Its not that bad is It? one of the beauties of meeting poeple on a forum is you can pick your fights and your freinds without the inconvieniance of having them in your face if your not seeing Eye to eye, Change thread pick a differant one or restart an old row by resurecting a pulled thread <_< when no one is looking :thumbs:

It may have been more gentile in the past I can only go back a few years? but in my opinion its great !

Well said ya fat git! (oops should read rotundly challenged)

Hello Janet, Martin was telling me about you in the studio the other morning. Glad to see that you are really enjoying this wonderful pastime.

Did he tell you about the Prince Albert Open Day on the 10th of June at Ribchester it's a great day out and its free.

I'll be there doing the centerpin demonstation

And a fine job you make of it Alan if I may say, though my pin casting never really took off (literally) despite your valiant efforts.

I'm not sure I'll make it this year due to injury, my fishing is restricted to one-handed whip at the moment.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Sounds interesting that. I'll have to come and have a nosey myself. I used to fish the Ribchester stretch many moons ago. I had some good chub on that stretch in the pool up past the Museum (on what used to be the Farmers stretch).

What time wll you be there Alan it would be nice to speak to you and see you put the Wallis cast into practise.

I'll be there from early doors teaching people However the Demo is about 12.15

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Guest tigger
I'll be there from early doors teaching people However the Demo is about 12.15

I'll try and get there early then :thumbs:

can i carry the placards

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I would be happy to see any of you there I'm easily spotted being the quiet shy retiring sort of person that I am!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

To be fair janet, this is the OFF topic section of the site. Talk at the ON topic section usually revolves around fishing and rarely decends into chaos unless Peter Waller is discussing canoeists! :rolleyes:

Or carp anglers !!!

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"