Phoning The EA Does Work

Elton

A few people in the past have asked if it's worth reporting illegal anglers. here's one bit of proof that it is:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/illegal_fishing_usk.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Indeed. Good work to all concerned (well, except the anglers who were fishing illegally).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

well call me cynical, but I seem to remember that the Usk has a run of salmon that's almost worth knowing about.

I wonder what would have happened if it just held a few bream and roach...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Hiya cynical.

:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Maybe its just me, but reading in the press the EA seems to be getting its act together the last few months, I've even had my license checked for the first time ever.

Shaun, Still learning how to fish.

Last close season I phoned the EA to report a man and his son were fishing the Avon at Bidford.

I had told the chap it was the close season and that the water he was fishing was not day ticket but a club water.

He said that he was only giving his son a leason and that I should mind my own buisness. (they were using bait)

The person on the EA phone seemed a bit confused as what to do (it felt like he did'nt want the hassle to deal with the call) anyway he took the details. I waited to see what would happen.

Nothing, no one showed up, they carried on fishing, (not catching by the way) a few tourist stoped to watch them, a few locals tutted and shock thier heads , but nothing happened.

I was very disapointed, the man and his son fished for over an hour longer, packed up and went and had a picnic with the rest of their family.

what a watse of my time. I am sure he would not have had a licence either.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Fair enough blue, but was he really doing any harm? Maybe he WAS giving his son a few lessons.

Should he have told the lad "sorry son, can't do a bit of fishing today, got to get a license, and join the club, so best forget it. Wouldn't want your Dad to end up with a criminal record"

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

i was speaking the other week to a guy i know who owns a tackle shop.

he has rung the E.A countless times, to report people drift fishing with live sand eel for bass, in the local bass nursery area.

he said they just reply "that the law is too difficult to enforce"

and wont do anything about it.

i told him he should try ringing them, and saying that they trying to catch salmon.

bet they would get off their backsides then.

i was speaking the other week to a guy i know who owns a tackle shop.

he has rung the E.A countless times, to report people drift fishing with live sand eel for bass, in the local bass nursery area.

he said they just reply "that the law is too difficult to enforce"

and wont do anything about it.

i told him he should try ringing them, and saying that they trying to catch salmon.

bet they would get off their backsides then.

Thats very curious as the E.A have no juristiction over bass fishermen thats sea fisheries or something similar. I find it difficult to imagine the EA giving an answer like that to something that has nothing at all to do with them.

"Fair enough blue, but was he really doing any harm? Maybe he WAS giving his son a few lessons.

Should he have told the lad "sorry son can't do a bit of fishing today, got to get a license, and join the club, so best forget it? Wouldn't want your Dad to end up with a criminal record""

It was the close season, do you think it’s alright to teach your kid that rules can be ignored and it’s OK to fish on privet water out of season? I don't think so,

You are entitled to think otherwise!!! But I think he would have been better off think along the lines below.

He could have said to his son,

“lets go to a day ticket lake, I need a licence we will just nip into the post office on the way, there is no season for still waters so we can have a great day and some great fun there, we will just have to wait until the 16th June till we can fish the rivers, “

Easy and Legal!!

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"