whats the funniest thing that ever happened to you.

dapper64

while fishing for carp last last week I was sat in my chair comfortably when I heard a rattling noise,I looked round and a golden retriever had its head in my tub of spicey chicken boilies it had nearly scoffed the lot by the time I scared it away,my mate couldn't do anything for laughing. so whats the funniest thing to happen to any of you?

i was fishing a big reservoir this morning, when a minibus pulled up with a trailer full of kayaks and eight blokes.

they all got out and kitted up making a terrific noise in the process, and launched right beside some poor sod quietly fishing.(this was about 50m from me).

i heard him complaining to them but they just bad mouthed him,and he just packed up.

anyway, he waited till they were right down the other end, put his stuff in his car, and let down the tyres on their minibus and trailer :lol: to the cheers of all of us there.!!!

i left about 30 mins later, so didnt see their reaction, but laughed all the way home!! :clap2::clap2:

I was flyfishing with my Brother in Sweden, we both had a boat each and were out on a small lake, My Brother hooked a good trout, it went on a blistering run jumped clean out of the water and landed in my Boat, Thanks bro a nice 6lb Rainbow landed cleanly at my feet.

when we got back to the landing bay he could not convice the balif it was his fish, I just said he is a poor loser, he even has to make up really unlikly storys, The Balif just laughed and said something like, I have heard all sorts of stories but yours is the least likley.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

NOT FUNNY IN THE COMICAL SENSE....but we were on a narrow boating holiday in oxfordshire,and had moored up for the evening,and decided to walk back to a pub we had passed for a meal,along the towpath we came across a man laid across the path and i said quietly to june hes a wino and we stepped over him and carried on,

about two hrs later on our return thier were police all over the place i asked one what was up as we were moored just down the way and he replied ...an old local pensioner had suffered an heart attack and died on the towpath..... i still wonder to this day !!

I am very new to fishing and having caught my line in the nearby trees several times, my husband was not amused when it happened again. This time I had a very good excuse. A Robin flew down and picked up my bait (sweetcorn) which was attached to the hook, and flew into the bushes where it let it go and I had trouble getting it free. Needless to say my other half did not believe me until he saw the same Robin steal some more sweetcorn from the tray by my seat.

Hi Veronica and welcome to AnglersNet.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcome Veronica!!

This didn't happen to me, but I was there at the time. Fishing a match and concentrating on my swim, I heard a noise in the swim next to me and looked up to see his box collapsing forwards, forcing him to dive cleanly in the water.

He scrambled back out to the mirth of the others, who were scoring his dive

- he got a 6!!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I once caught a pair of denim shorts from a harbour once, sometimes I end up with other peoples long lost pike trace (including spinner - thanks!).

As a teenager I recall a funny incident where I used to go fishing with a friend of mine, who for some reason would always end up with a bottle of something alcoholic in his seatbox - lord knows why! Anyhow, one very, very cold morning and my friend is sat opposite me drinking orange juice and rum that he smuggled out of his dads drinks cabinet, a lady walking her dog happened to walk past and mentioned to my friend drinking his orange juice "You could do with some rum in that!" - needless to say we both looked at each other in disbelief!

Not funny for me but it was for everyone else: During a summer league match on the Kentish Rother many years ago and acting as "runner" I was perched behind one of my team offering advise as it was blisteringly hot and the fish were scarse,( yes even the eels!) and most anglers had scaled right down except for the angler I was behind who was fishing three large "gozzers" on a forged 14 hook with the attitude If I am only going to get one bite I want to at least win my section, as I reminded him it was a team competition he went to cast to the far bank and thought he had caught his hook in the bank behind but after tugging and hearing my muffled yells he realised he had hooked me fair and square in the top lip!!

After the match at the weigh in one infamous angler who is known as the "Lasher" asked if I realised I had a large hook and a length of line havging from my lip and offered to remove it with the rustiest pair of pliers I had seen. Needless to say I declined and had it removed at the local hospital.

Now While I will not name the angler in question for the Kent lads if you ever go in-to a tackle shop in Blendon Bexleyheath ask the manager if he has learnt to tye size 24 hooks yet!! :rolleyes:

I was fishing a well known carp lake last year and one of the guys opposite me was using his bait boat almost constantly. After 24 hours or so this got rather annoying and he was told so by other anglers near him and the bailiff.

Anyway, around 8pm on the second night of my stint, out the boat came again and headed off towards the point of an island around the middle of the lake. As the boat neared the overhanging branches that the guy was aiming for, their was a burst of activity and a duck seemed to be attacking the boat with myself and the other anglers chuckling away. As the guy attempted to get his boat away, the duck flew out, landed straight on the boat and promptly sank it faster than a U boat in the Atlantic.

Cue tears of laughter and howling from all round the lake, even more in the morning when the guy had to explain what had happened to the bailiff !

:D

Edited by jedibond

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"