The "ring Thing"

kleinboet

As for the others saying that if a girl wants to stay a virgin, it is up to her - I remember as a youth, I would promise the earth, the sun and the moon to a girl if it meant I would get my leg over! Sadly, it was more difficult then - a girl had "morals" reinforced by her parents!
I warned my daughter about boys like you. I reminded her that every time she had unprotected sex with someone she was also having unprotected sex with everyone else that that person ever had unprotected sex with. When she thought about this she thought it was pretty gross, but so far it has worked. Mind you as a nice French girl then statistically she is only 1/3 as likely to be a teenage mother as her UK contemporaries.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its easy to build houses for the poor its called a covenant ,the gov blames maggie for the downfall of council housing (and perfectly correctly in essance) but as with everything else they blame the conservatives for they do bugger all to reverse it untill its a problem and gets media attention.

had both governments ring fenced the proceeds and built more with the money then the idea would have been pretty viable ,but it goes into the pot and wasted on wars and other pathetic ventures.

and our foreign friend who work in our fields at basic wage (or less) dont contribute anything (despite the governments lies) infact they have a negative effect.

they being on minimum wage dont pay tax ,they get tax credits and the canny ones (perfectly legaly) claim child benefit for kids back home (look it up) whether or not they actually exist.

not saying they all have kids but even over here its damn easy to borrow one or two for form filling reasons and ofcourse the amount of foreigners here are undercounted if a family "flees" here only the head of the family is counted,the wife and 6 kids arn't

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

its easy to build houses for the poor its called a covenant ,the gov blames maggie for the downfall of council housing (and perfectly correctly in essance) but as with everything else they blame the conservatives for they do bugger all to reverse it untill its a problem and gets media attention.

had both governments ring fenced the proceeds and built more with the money then the idea would have been pretty viable ,but it goes into the pot and wasted on wars and other pathetic ventures

UK governments do not ring fence taxes chesters. It's not a Labour thing or a Tory thing it is a UK thing, and yes I know about the TV License but that is about the limit. I am not sure that the EA 'ring fence' the money that they receive from the Rod License for spending on purely angling related business, I think it all just goes into the overall EA budget. I suspect we may all be a wee bit :offtopic: now, I am buggered if I know what all this has to do with The Silver Ring Thing.

The only way that ring could stop that girl getting pregnant, is if she held it between her knees.

Come on, somebody had to say it. :)

That is about the size of it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

"I suspect we may all be a wee bit offtopic.gif now, I am buggered if I know what all this has to do with The Silver Ring Thing."

nor do i but girls with rings are pretty boring to old geezers like us.

i like AN the way the topic always wanders off but that makes it interesting :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

"I suspect we may all be a wee bit offtopic.gif now, I am buggered if I know what all this has to do with The Silver Ring Thing."

nor do i but girls with rings are pretty boring to old geezers like us.

i like AN the way the topic always wanders off but that makes it interesting :D

Girls without rings would be bizarre to say the least ;)

unless their tiawanese ;)

unless their tiawanese ;)
Err no, not quite. I have been to Taiwan and all of the girlies there had rings, just like ours do. :thumbs:

Guest Rabbit
once she gets a few cans of beer down her neck she will forget that ring.

peer pressure can ofcourse be from her parents not just outside the family ,and if theres shekels to be made then that pressure will increase not forgetting the religeous loonery behind it.

my daughters did come "home" saying theve been knocked up but then thats their lookout not mine ,their actions not mine.

and she is mistaken thinking that sliver of silver will save her from the attentions of the males ,it will just make them more determined

What a load of old cynical selfish claptrap..even for you.

Guest Rabbit
Chesters, getting pregnant as a means to get accommodation AND AN INCOME has been going for over twenty years, and with government approval!

If they didn't approve they wouldn't put those girls with "a bun in the oven" or kids at the top of the housing lists.

Turn your thinkking round. Why are we so short on housing?

If there is a way to stop just ONE girl having a baby outside marriage - I'm for it!!

You really should turn YOUR thinking around. Houses ARE for PEOPLE.. No matter what circumstances they find themselves in. What would YOU suggest we do to allocate to people ONLY deserving a roof over their heads in YOUR world.

Truth is we need MORE houses we need CHEAPER housing, unless of course we don't give a monkeys toss about the plight of many youngsters who cannot afford a place of their own.

Suppose we could always have a shanty town on the outskirts of Cheltenham to house the mothers ad their little ba%%ards.

What a load of old cynical selfish claptrap..even for you.

its certainly not and throughout the land it happens every night.

my kids were brought up to stand on their own feet ,their decisions are theirs and not for me and certainly not you to judge.

parents are to warn and advise their role shouldnt force their offspring to do anything ,if the parent advises X and the kid decides on Y then thats the kids choice not the parents and by insisting the kid follows X surely in most cases makes them more determined to follow Y.

i hope you dont have teenage kids of your own you will be in for a great shock if you do ,you maybe lucky they may decide for themselves to take your advice but most dont and come back later in life telling you they wish they had.

Edited by chesters1