Bennetts of Sheffield

wotnobivvy

its the time out and subsequent loss of trade that has a knock on effect.

Most policies offer an optional extra to cover "loss of profits". I expect that the majority of the bigger shops at least will have this cover.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
Your charitable spirit is heart warming.

So you've never bought reduced goods in your life ?

So you've always paid full price and never visited a sale ?

Obviously you wouldn't lower yourself to buy water damaged goods in case it had rotted the netting. Do you also go crying to the mods if someone makes a reply you don't like, yet you are happy enough to make sarcastic remarks to others...............your charitable spirit is heart warming.

Very sad to see Calcotts go! Bennets was more of a mail order outlet and was expensive with some quite rude staff!! Ever been there and wiited to be served?? I HAVE!!

But Calcotts was a PROPER Angling shop, Tea and Fags all the order of the day!

The ONLY thing I am sad about is I am not there to get some CHEAP shofittings!!!!And possibly some cheap tackle.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Very sad to see Calcotts go! Bennets was more of a mail order outlet and was expensive with some quite rude staff!! Ever been there and wiited to be served?? I HAVE!!

But Calcotts was a PROPER Angling shop, Tea and Fags all the order of the day!

a terrible shame. too many of these kind of places disappearing.

Guest Brumagem Phil
So you've never bought reduced goods in your life ?

So you've always paid full price and never visited a sale ?

Obviously you wouldn't lower yourself to buy water damaged goods in case it had rotted the netting. Do you also go crying to the mods if someone makes a reply you don't like, yet you are happy enough to make sarcastic remarks to others...............your charitable spirit is heart warming.

Yup, I've been to sales.....I'm generally a bit more sensitive though when someone is selling due to personal distress. You appeared to almost relish in the idea that someones loss was your gain.

I've cried to nobody........from your comments, I assume you've had remarks removed? If so, then I'm sorry to hear that, but can't comment as I never saw them.

Calcotts was a PROPER Angling shop, Tea and Fags all the order of the day!

Long may they flourish, although the fags will be illegal as from today.

The small town angling shop in Colorado was so well described by John Geirach

" They served proper coffee - a mug of which will absorb four large spoonfuls of coffee creamer without changing color"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Bloody Hell!!! I saw a video on the Internet with Bennetts in the background and the old lady trying to wade through the fast flowing flood water and nearly been taken out by an industrial wheely bin, i used to work for Bennetts b4 i moved down Cornwall so this is very sad news for them and Calcotts, can remember the old shop on Ladys bridge, i used to wagg school and go down there when i was a kid :oops: thats one of the things i miss about Sheffield is good tackle shops, we have bugger all tackle shops down here, the only good one is Whiteacres down the road from me, dont know if Bennetts will shut down yet but i'm sorry to hear Calcotts will, spent a lot of money and time in that shop and there old one, hope the Town gets back to normal soon.

Oh and we wasn't all rude that worked for Bennetts, i used to enjoy chatting with the customers on the phones and in the shop and if they were to open a shop down here i would love to work for them again.

Born to fish forced to work

Found this topic on Calcott's:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=231548

:( Sounds like it will be the end of a real era, if it's true.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE