Mullet

Matt Baldwin

:angry:

What Matt failed to announce was that he was being paid to work on my boat at the time and "got caught out" fishing in a STRICTLY NO FISHING MARINA.

He also told me he scooped it up in a net - judging by all the mess / bread left over my boat I had to clear up I guess the fish were swarming (like they do) after all the bread on the surface.

My boat was full of scales / fish slime - took me hours to clean my boat....

GOOD LUCK to anybody who does indeed catch the fish of a lifetime - but it needs to be fair and square...

Tight Lines to all genuine anglers.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you telling us that Matt was 'swinging the lead' when he should have been grafting, Angry Boat Owner? :rolleyes:

PS. You better not put that bucket and brush away just yet, he's bringing the National Mullet Club next time. :lol:

Yup he was caught out good and proper down there.

I'm pretty pooped off - it's a STRICTLY NO FISHING marina and I specifically asked him NOT to fish - otherwise I could end up loosing my berth/place in the marina and it would spell the end for the "odd" crafty line us boat owners get to throw out now and again when it's not busy...

Unfortunately Matt chose to ignore this and he was "sacked" pretty unceremoniously. But left my boat in a right state with bread / scales and muck all over the teak / swim platform etc.

My father caught him red handed with my HUGE landing net and Matt declared in front of 3 people that he "scooped it up in the net" - so rod caught is prety dubious. Check out the 2nd BIG picture on here - my net is at the bottom of the screen and the rod is not even made up in the background :-)

Also it's a restricted area and as such boat / shore records cannot be claimed / ratified...

To see the picture of this fish, the claim AND MY BOAT IN THE NO FISHING MARINA all over the local rags / magazines beggar's belief.

I am ALL for people claiming records for bonafide catches - but this one is a but of joke...

I sincerely hope that I don't bump into Matt down the marina - fireworks will ensue.

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Jul 22 2007, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: You could be seing this fish and captor on the front page of the Sea Angling News from next Friday, perhaps Matt will sign copies in his local tackle shop. :clap2:

Check out lower picture - rod not made up - my HUGE landing net in the picture.

Matt "I scooped it up in a Net" Baldwin - his own words when caught out fishing in the NO FISHING Marina

Angry - if you would like to join in the general sea fishing chats, you are very welcome.

However, 5 rants in your first 5 posts is plenty so no more please unless a question needs clarification.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

In fairness Newt, you can understand his annoyance.

He reads six pages of congratulations, has the fact that somebody was fishing off his boat against Marina rules, splashed all over the newspapers, jeopardising his mooring.

I don't know what its like now, but it wasn't long ago a friend tried to get into that Marina and was told there is a long waiting list.

Most of us new the location was a strictly no fishing marina, but assumed Matt had wangled permission somehow.

Don't jump on him just because he is posted comments against the tide.

Matt caught a great fish, if its a record, then I assume it is a legitimate one as I don't think there is anything in the rules, specifiying where it has to be caught.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Someone emailed me a bit about this today, so I thought I would follow it up on the sea section.....................am I right in understanding that the fish was not caught on rod and line, but "scooped out in a net"?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Someone emailed me a bit about this today, so I thought I would follow it up on the sea section.....................am I right in understanding that the fish was not caught on rod and line, but "scooped out in a net"?

Den

:clap2: I had a phone call from the angry gentleman on Monday as he saw the picture on the FP of the SAN that morning, I must say he was very polite but he did cast some doubt about the capture and there being a witness to the said capture. I think if a fish is caught in a restricted "No fishing" area, like my garden pond, or a private marina, by an unauthorised person, ie; a poacher, without my consent, a record cannot be claimed because the BRFC will not sanction an unlawful or unauthorised act. We shall see IDC, but it does make things interesting, doesn't it. :clap2: