Fishing at Thorpe Park

The Flying Tench

Looks like I'll be taking my 13 year old plus a couple of friends to Thorpe Park (mega funfair) in August. They won't want me walking round with them, and I gather there's a lake there. Does anyone know what the fishing is like?

john clarke

Looks like I'll be taking my 13 year old plus a couple of friends to Thorpe Park (mega funfair) in August. They won't want me walking round with them, and I gather there's a lake there. Does anyone know what the fishing is like?

I'm not sure if its on a day ticket or not, i have a feeling it's club run, also i seem to remember it wasnt open to fishing all year round...however i may be wrong.

If you are in the area, a 5 minute drive will take you to Twynersh, as far as commercila fisheries go, this is the best, Infact im not a fan of commercials at all but i like this place a lot, its a series of old gravel pits, some large and some not so large, I think the smallest is 3 acres with a few of about 5 and a few of 20 ish, its very natural and rustic, have a look TWYNERSH

newsig.png

I'm not sure if its on a day ticket or not, i have a feeling it's club run, also i seem to remember it wasnt open to fishing all year round...however i may be wrong.

If you are in the area, a 5 minute drive will take you to Twynersh, as far as commercila fisheries go, this is the best, Infact im not a fan of commercials at all but i like this place a lot, its a series of old gravel pits, some large and some not so large, I think the smallest is 3 acres with a few of about 5 and a few of 20 ish, its very natural and rustic, have a look TWYNERSH

Thanks for the thought - but I think I'll need to be on the same site as the tweenagers. For example, I need to meet them for lunch - though I definitely will not be allowed to sit at the same table!

john clarke

I've never fished it myself but the last time i saw it was when i was looking at it from the entrance bridge into thorpe park, and it did look very big and daunting as well as very weedy. Though saying that ive seen in the angling papers and such like pictures of some very big carp and tench from there.

Edited by fantasticfisherman

Got some HUGE bream in there, and stupendous Roach hybrids :) :)

Can't tell you any more I'm afraid...

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I fished TP many (about 10) years ago at a PAC fish-in - blanked but a guy next to me had a 20lb+ pike. We were fishing by the moored Paddle Steamer and this guy asked if we minded if he slipped in next to us - 20mins later he had the fish on the bank!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Thanks for the info - but I can't find anything on the web about fishing at Thorpe park. The TP site is extraordinary - no contact email or phone number, and fairly obviously no fishing through them.

I can only assume it's a syndicate water. I'll just have to take some good books!

john clarke