Polish Posters

Leon Roskilly

Guest tigger

It's all very well Gozzer writing on here stateing that you agree with the taking of fish for the pot but I can guarantee that if you were fishing your local pond and a group of Polish came along and caught some nice juicy Tench, Roach, Rud etc and proceded to stove their heads in you'd be the first to start crying.

Before you do, don't bother saying you wouldn't be upset because I wouldn't belive you m8.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all very well Gozzer writing on here stateing that you agree with the taking of fish for the pot but I can guarantee that if you were fishing your local pond and a group of Polish came along and caught some nice juicy Tench, Roach, Rud etc and proceded to stove their heads in you'd be the first to start crying.

Before you do, don't bother saying you wouldn't be upset because I wouldn't belive you m8.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but just in case you missed it.

If an angler (of any nationality, race, creed, colour or religion), is fishing legally, using legal methods, catches a fish. Then so long as those who govern the water allow it, I have no problem with them taking it for the pot. Or if there is a set limit of size, (and or) number of fish allowed to be taken

then I feel the same.

Just the same as I don't have a problem with a predator angler taking several fish for bait. There is no difference between the two cases to me.

I have spent time rescuing fish from pollution, and those stranded as a result of flood. In my youth I even fought a guy with an air rifle who was shooting at fish, (he ended up in the water and his gun was smashed against a wall), so I do care for the welfare of fish.

But, unlike some on here, I don't cry or lose sleep, if a fish dies after capture. I regret the fact, and try to make sure it can be avoided in future, but recognise that these things can and will happen at times.

I don't think I can make it any clearer than that for you.

Whether you believe it or not, it's the truth, mate.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest tigger

In my youth I even fought a guy with an air rifle who was shooting at fish, (he ended up in the water and his gun was smashed against a wall), so I do care for the welfare of fish.

John.

What if he was shooting them for the pot ? By breaking his slug gun you may have caused his family to starv and die ! :rolleyes:

Wouldnt it be far easier to just stop allowing people in the country who take it on their own authority to eat our fish?

They aren't OUR fish, fish in rivers are wild and belong to noone.

I still believe this nonsense has been blown out of all proportion! Who are we to stop anyone exercising their legal right to take fish home to eat!

If you were that concerned about fish stocks you'd be trying to tackle pollution, floods, wasting water etc! I'm assuming you don't have a dishwasher or a bath and you never water the garden or wash the car? Of course you also use environmentally friendly detergents. Finally I assume you have had a vasectomy so your wife or girlfriend doesn't pollute the rivers with oestrogens and progesterones.

There are very few barbel in the Windrush near me where once there were loads, are you telling me the Poles have eaten them all?

Rich

thats no bad thing i wonder if theres poles working at slimbridge :D they seem to be everywhere else.

saying that though the pair that worked at a local garden center seem to have disapeared

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I looked at that link with the byelaws. 12 pages of Salmon and trout information (South West England). Couldn't see any mention of other fish. :wallbash:

It's not just in the South West. Even here in the North West, where coarse fishermen probably outnumber game fishermen by 100 to 1, the Environment Agency have the same priorities. The byelaws covering coarse fishing are just stuck on at the end as if they are an afterthought. It is quite clear that their main concern is the protection of salmon and sea trout stocks, even though there probably aren't a hundred anglers in the entire region who regularly fish for these species. It would seem that some anglers are more equal than others!

Guest tigger
They aren't OUR fish, fish in rivers are wild and belong to noone.

Rich

I can't belive that statment :lol:

If that was correct then why do you have to pay for a rod license and then pay for another to fish each stretch of river?

Why is it that most stretches of river are private and the fish protected.

I can't belive that statment :lol:

If that was correct then why do you have to pay for a rod license and then pay for another to fish each stretch of river?

Why is it that most stretches of river are private and the fish protected.

Tigger, I'm busy at the moment and so can't reply in full. However this is what I posted on another topic and that you might find useful:

"In England and Wales it is illegal to take any fish from any stillwater not connected to a river without the express permission of the owner of the fishing rights. To do so is a criminal offence under the Theft Act. Indeed, even fishing such a stillwater without permission of the owner is considered theft as you'd be "stealing" his fishing rights.

River and canal fish are considered wild creatures and therefore don't belong to anyone. Thus they can't strictly speaking be stolen. Having said that you can still steal the owner's fishing rights and therefore be prosecuted under the Theft Act if you fish such waters without permission, whether you take any fish or not. However these laws don't apply to tidal rivers or the extremely few waters that are designated public fisheries. So on non-tidal rivers and canals, or on stillwaters connected to a river, it's still illegal to take any fish from any water without the express permission of the owner of the fishing rights, unless the venue is designated a public fishery.

Additionally, both the owner of the fishing rights and/or the Environment Agency may impose size or bag limits. As far as I'm aware there are no such national EA limits. However there are local limits, especially for game fish. In each case it is a criminal offence to break any of these regulations, and in the case of breaking the owner's rules it's again treated as theft.

One final point. Whether or not there's a sign saying the fishery is private is irrelevant. With the very rare exception all non-tidal waters in England and Wales are private.

For further details see the excellent book "Angler's Law in England and Wales" by R.I.Millichamp."

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net