Illegal Fishing Continues

glennk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge

“Illegal fishing continues you say yet again” and I agree it does and it is on the increase in the EU. Remembering that the EU fleet has increased by thousands of vessels since 2004 and the fact that the case that you have highlighted happened years ago proves that there still are lessons to be learnt.

The British fishing industry was put in an impossible position a few years ago and we all know that many broke the law in a final attempt to survive.

Unfortunately for the British commercial fishing industry the righting was on the wall and 60% of them went to the wall, while the EU amount of fishing boats grew dramatically with the growth of the EU and also did more law braking.

to say that illegal fishing continues and then to highlight something that happened years ago while neglecting something that is happening everyday in the EU shows how far into the bottom of the barrel you are scraping to try and justify your apparent hatred of commercial fishermen. Not just commercial fishermen in general neither.

I think it is about time you came out of the closet glenk and told us your obvious bad experiences that you have had with the commercial community so that I at least can try and understand your sorrowful campaign for retribution against an industry that has never done you any harm. Or has it? Don’t be shy now. Come out the closet and reveal all. :thumbs:

Regards.

Hi challenge

The british commercial fishing industry over the years have taken the **** out of quota's and laws as much as any other eu fishermen imo but unlike say the french when it comes to sticking up and being pro active for itself! it has been spineless, and that is one of the reasons why most of it has gone to the wall matey, instead of bleeting on at politicians and being allowed to be pushed on to the beaches to trawl the f**k out of them why dont they show some balls and blocade a few ports! who knows they just might gain a little respect and a bit of support from anglers? cheers............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest challenge
Hi challenge

The british commercial fishing industry over the years have taken the **** out of quota's and laws as much as any other eu fishermen imo but unlike say the french when it comes to sticking up and being pro active for itself! it has been spineless, and that is one of the reasons why most of it has gone to the wall matey, instead of bleeting on at politicians and being allowed to be pushed on to the beaches to trawl the f**k out of them why dont they show some balls and blocade a few ports! who knows they just might gain a little respect and a bit of support from anglers? cheers............

Stavey

I believe that there have been plenty of blockades by commercial fishermen over the years and I think that if you where to study French and British civil law you would find that there laws are a lot more lenient and allow for protest on the scale that you are talking about much more than ours do.

On saying that it wasn’t to long ago that commercial fishermen where blockading many British ports and sailing flotillas up the tames.

If you think that taking on the establishment in anymore aggressive way would have reversed what has happened to the fishing industry, I am afraid to say that you are badly misinformed.

To call an industry spineless is nothing short of spineless in its own content.

regards.

“Illegal fishing continues you say yet again” and I agree it does and it is on the increase in the EU. Remembering that the EU fleet has increased by thousands of vessels since 2004 and the fact that the case that you have highlighted happened years ago proves that there still are lessons to be learnt.

The British fishing industry was put in an impossible position a few years ago and we all know that many broke the law in a final attempt to survive.

Unfortunately for the British commercial fishing industry the righting was on the wall and 60% of them went to the wall, while the EU amount of fishing boats grew dramatically with the growth of the EU and also did more law braking.

to say that illegal fishing continues and then to highlight something that happened years ago while neglecting something that is happening everyday in the EU shows how far into the bottom of the barrel you are scraping to try and justify your apparent hatred of commercial fishermen. Not just commercial fishermen in general neither.

To be fair the item pointed out is still on going and there is a confiscation hearing to finally settle this case that took eighteen months to pursue. In addition the fines imposed are derisery and it gives licence to others to carry on as is unless the courts have the bottle to crack down hard on the cheats. I don't believe that it is the case that 'i did it to prevent me going under' as it appears to be a premier league outfit. I agree that the eu are the largest outfit that needs to get thier house in order but i am not hopefull.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• 3 months later...

New case reported in the western morning news today. High court proceedings against a spanish skipper and three of his bosses. Multiple charges relating to fiddling fish quotas. Apparently his bosses told him how fiddle the weight of the fish. This was for a british registered company. The case is brought by MFA.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

What would NFFO order a blockade of Ports for?

In support of breaking all the laws and regulations?

Or complaining about the precarious state of the inshore fishing?

B)

What would NFFO order a blockade of Ports for?

In support of breaking all the laws and regulations?

Or complaining about the precarious state of the inshore fishing?

B)

But the really good news is that proposals are afoot to de-criminalise the activities of those who steal the nation's fish by falsifying log books, set nets illegally and exceeding quotas by introducing a scale of fines between ....... wait for it........ £250 and £4,000.

See - http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/...antory-note.pdf

Some of these shysters make tens of thousands of £s out of these scams over the years and they run the risk of a max 4 grand fine?

Whatever happened to confiscation of boats, vehicles and gear like they have in the States.

That might discourage a few chancers.