Summer Bikers...............

mr motorola

As kids we used to burn all over the fields on Honda 90's but then we'd resort to the streets and pavements. They're pretty crap for riding, you can't crank'em over for starters. They're more like a cross between a scooter and a bike.

My m8's just bought a R1 that's more my style but as soon as I got on it I couldn't help rattling the throttle round, brilliant buzz but just not safe on the overcrowded roads.

Every motorcycle is as safe as the nut holding on to the handlebars.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
Every motorcycle is as safe as the nut holding on to the handlebars.

Most people turn into nutters when they get on a powerfull motorbike especially when they get used to riding it.

None taken Judy , don't know what it has to do with thread but a very sad ending to all the same.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Mr M - does admitting to felony assault on a public forum not worry you a little?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Mr M - does admitting to felony assault on a public forum not worry you a little?

Not even slightly Newt , as i have already said in my previous posting , i have witnesses to the incident , but none to the after event .

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Not even slightly Newt , as i have already said in my previous posting , i have witnesses to the incident , but none to the after event .

I might start to get a little worried when the bobbies come a knocking. Just goes to show these days though , eh? If a man cannot look after his castle and all his other posessions without being trodden on by the rest of society then it just goes to show what a ridiculous world it is turning into. Ask Tony Martin his view of things................................

Some posters on here think it is OK for a biker to kick off wing mirrors (some find it funny) from other road users vehicles , and see it as fair payment to the driver simply because he didn't move over. Ditto then with my actions.

It dosen't matter that i pay for the repair either out of my own pocket or claim through the insurance , i'm losing out both ways , all for the impatience and down right arrogance of an idiot who cannot wait (just like the rest of us ) to get to where they are going.

As far as i am aware (to my statement of the incident in question) nothing has been reported to the police ...............Yet. How do i know , well not to "incriminate" anyone , all i can say is .....................I KNOW!!!!

The bikers moment of madness was duely repaid by my moment of madness , and as far as i'm concerned the matter has been dealt with.

Why all the hooo-ha about such a trivial matter?

Guest Brumagem Phil
I might start to get a little worried when the bobbies come a knocking. Just goes to show these days though , eh? If a man cannot look after his castle and all his other posessions without being trodden on by the rest of society then it just goes to show what a ridiculous world it is turning into. Ask Tony Martin his view of things................................

Some posters on here think it is OK for a biker to kick off wing mirrors (some find it funny) from other road users vehicles , and see it as fair payment to the driver simply because he didn't move over. Ditto then with my actions.

It dosen't matter that i pay for the repair either out of my own pocket or claim through the insurance , i'm losing out both ways , all for the impatience and down right arrogance of an idiot who cannot wait (just like the rest of us ) to get to where they are going.

As far as i am aware (to my statement of the incident in question) nothing has been reported to the police ...............Yet. How do i know , well not to "incriminate" anyone , all i can say is .....................I KNOW!!!!

The bikers moment of madness was duely repaid by my moment of madness , and as far as i'm concerned the matter has been dealt with.

Why all the hooo-ha about such a trivial matter?

Tony Martin was an idiot.........he shot them in the back as they ran away, hardly a good case for self defence!

I agree, he had been targetted before, and I agree the police had repeatedly let him down but that doesnt excuse shooting someone in the back. I believe they even frown on such behaviour in Texas (but not Cape Town).

Driving has recently become an occupational hazard.......I used to LOVE driving, but these days will make any excuse not to take the car out! The only exception is driving home from the river around 2am when I can hustle my car down the country lanes without even seeing another car........now thats my idea of a pleasurable drive!

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Tony Martin was an idiot.........he shot them in the back as they ran away, hardly a good case for self defence!

I agree, he had been targetted before, and I agree the police had repeatedly let him down but that doesnt excuse shooting someone in the back. I believe they even frown on such behaviour in Texas (but not Cape Town).

Driving has recently become an occupational hazard.......I used to LOVE driving, but these days will make any excuse not to take the car out! The only exception is driving home from the river around 2am when I can hustle my car down the country lanes without even seeing another car........now thats my idea of a pleasurable drive!

perhaps me martins council should have mentioned if it were dark how would he know which way they were facing :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thought id chip in my two peneth so here goes:

Motorcyclists……………….don’t you just love em??...- yes being a biker (and angler and car driver) i do

make a nuisance of themselves and endanger regular road users with their silly behaviour - some do but that is a huge sweeping generalisation.

motorcyclist with all the gear on weaving and ducking / diving in behind traffic - this man is a fool

I decided to follow suit and not move over - why? he was gonna get past you anyway, better to let him past and have a donkey like that in front of you rather than sitting on you rear right quarter blinding you with his headlight.

The mirror was smashed out of its mounting and hung down with the mirror itself cracked!!! - unlucky!

The biker soon thought twice about his actions when I laid into him and consequently HIS mirrors were torn off and thrown into the adjacent farmers field and the biker parting with a bit of blood. - If that was me mr m, unfortunately you would have been wearing my helmet and not in a manner that the manufacturer had designed it for.

the idiots who use them think that every other road user should move out of the way for them to pass at 100 mph!! - again anther sweeping generalisation by a car only user.

I’m just waiting for the old bill to come a knocking on my door - to be honest mr m they probably won't, the biker more than likely has learnt the error of his ways. if they do , you only have yourself to blame as you did infact assault the biker and cause criminal damage to his bike, so that i'm afraid you will have to suck up. the fact he knocked off your mirror will become a moot point as you should have reported that to the police.

i don't condone the actions of the said biker in this thread, in fact i think he is an ass. Bikers get a bad enough rap as it is without morons like him around, but in the same breath whatever happened to a little bit of courtesy on the road, if you can move over why not? what difference does it make to you? will it slow you down? the answer is it won;t matter to you in any way if a bike passes you in traffic.

as i said i'm a biker, the bike i ride will do in excess of 180 mph, but it also does 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 mph which i believe are the speed limits on most of the roads in england.

one of the joys of riding is the thrill of the speed, it is also a freedom, a feeling of being able to breakaway from sitting in queues of traffic behind old bill and mavis out for their sunday drive at 30mph, or from sitting behind farmer giles shiftting his hay from field to field for no apparent reason, this is why so many people ride bikes, it's also cheaper than running a car, better for the environment and doesn't clog up the highways and byways of the country.

the closed mind and attitude of certain car drivers is the reason bikers are seen as roadway terrorists, just move over and let us get on with it.