Centrepins

haighy

Hi all,

I'm considering buying my first centrepin reel; I've been looking around on the net, and found the TF Gear ones. Are they any good? They seem awfully inexpensive when compared to other makes, but would they be suitable for a first-time reel? Also why is one without a guard significantly cheaper than the TF Gear one with a guard? I'm planning on using it for trotting down a medium-to-slow paced smallish river.

Any help that anyone could give would be most welcome.

regards to you all,

Ian

Hi all,

I'm considering buying my first centrepin reel; I've been looking around on the net, and found the TF Gear ones. Are they any good? They seem awfully inexpensive when compared to other makes, but would they be suitable for a first-time reel? Also why is one without a guard significantly cheaper than the TF Gear one with a guard? I'm planning on using it for trotting down a medium-to-slow paced smallish river.

Any help that anyone could give would be most welcome.

regards to you all,

Ian

the x-pin is a good starter reel ,personally prefer the okima's,the cost of making that line guard is why its more expencive (anyhow line guards are for whimps) .the reel will be upto the job no problem.theyre well made and give good performance and smooth .

but you might want to take a look at the okuma aventa pro or sheffield similar price range and performance etc (but a better reel in my opinion) .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Hi all,

I'm considering buying my first centrepin reel;

Ian

What style of fishing do you want to do with it ?

My first was a Shakespeare Lincoln for stillwater fishing, cause they're cheap and I'm wasn't too concerned abouts looks, longevity etc.

You can cast the Lincolns in the same way as a fixed spool reel, so you don't have to learn Wallis style first.

Now that I've fished with one, i"m going to upgrade to a Okuma for holiday fishing but keep the Lincoln for fishing the local pond.

Tony

Tony