CHINA PREPARES FOR 2008 OLYMPICS

Guest tigger

I am finding it hard to swallow all of this "compassion"

There are thousands of babies dying in Asia and Africa every week. They don't get a death as quick as being clubbed, they starve or they die from gastric disease because they don't have access to clean water. When I raised this before I was told, by a poster on this thread, that we should stop sending aid to Africa, it was all their own fault, and that charity begins at home.

I take their compassion for other living things with a pinch of salt.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ain't no animal rights fanatic but I can't stand cruelty if it can be avoided.

Tigger - I doubt you will find anyone on here who will feel otherwise (or who will admit it if they do). I suspect that most of us even basically agree about what is cruel and what is not.

Problems are:

- we can't be sure they had any good option to avoid it

- they may have a very different world view from us and while I prefer mine, I don't feel qualified to flatly state that I am right and those who think differently are wrong.

Phil - well done to you for the catches.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Brumagem Phil
Phil - well done to you for the catches.

It was rubbish really newt....it was chilly (but warmer than yesterday), there was intermittent drizzle and quite a stiff breeze...not ideal for float fishing.

Wanted to get there before dark too so as to tempt a perch or two and also more roach but the nnights are drawing in fast now and I didnt make it. :-(

Been prebaiting for a few days now and only taken the one carp.........driving me insane it is! LOL

Sportsman..........I think you've hit the nail on the head. The really sad thing IMO is how many people in this world die agonising deaths through lack of water or lack of food while we in the west become more and more obese. Then on the animal front you have whaling, culling of seals, long lining resulting int he death of millions of albatrosses, the rubbish in the sea which is choking the puffins....and so the list goes on.

One thing is absolutely certain, man needs the planet a lot more than the planet needs man!

Guest tigger
I am finding it hard to swallow all of this "compassion"

There are thousands of babies dying in Asia and Africa every week. They don't get a death as quick as being clubbed, they starve or they die from gastric disease because they don't have access to clean water. When I raised this before I was told, by a poster on this thread, that we should stop sending aid to Africa, it was all their own fault, and that charity begins at home.

I take their compassion for other living things with a pinch of salt.

Bob Geldoff sent aid over to africa for who knows how many starving people and they kept on re- producing and now the problem is ten fold.

This thread is not about aid it's about what the Chinease goverment has done to those dogs and that there are much more humane ways to deal with them.

Anyway Sportsman this thread is about dogs so keep your post on topic or start your own thread.

I didn't realise that if you started a thread it was "yours" and you got to dictate what others wrote in it :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

With the exception of the 'blog' style topics such as Phil, Janet (JSD) and several others in past years started about specific sorts of angling outings, topics are in no way owned by the person who starts them nor will the content be controlled as long as it is somewhat related and somewhat civil.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President