Photo Challenge #44 .. Contours.

MrWiggly

Hi All ..

After another neck-and-neck dash to the finish line ...

Quote from Westie ..

------------------

Hi Wiggly ..

Well booger me - not only the agony of having to choose the final three, but also having to sort out the tie. Two completely different shots and two terrific pictures. Your picture I would happily have framed and put up in my house - beautifully composed and exposed and one of my favourites from the start. Newt's subject matter really sums up the challenge title and it is a very well taken shot - it is one of those shots that keeps me looking back again and again, which tells me something.

I've changed my mind a dozen times already. Can't we have a tie??

Arrrggghhhhhh.

By a hair's breadth .... the winner is ....

Cape Hatteras lighthouse, North Carolina Outer Banks .. Newt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hatteras-lighthouse1.jpg

Congratulations to Newt ... a worthy winner !! :clap2: :clap2:

Wiggly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Congratulations Newt, a worthy winner :1a:

Hard lines Mr Wiggly and JK, just goes to show that the competition, while getting better is getting harder to win.

Edited by MrWiggly
Spell Check.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Well done everyone!! :thumbs:

To the winner - a cracking picture, Newt. :1a:

Sorry to the other finalists and many others who didn't make it into the final three, but whose shots were equally worthy of qualifying. It was a tough, tough choice. I think that can be vouched for by others who said that their pick would have been different. :clap:

I'd like to say that I loved both of HB's enties (the first of which gave an excellent feeling of 3D) and Poledark's shot of the lines of hay was beautifully linear. Snatcher's silhouette of the tree on the hill was spot on, too. I could rave about all of the entries, but it was great for me to see such diverse subject matter in all of the entries, all well taken.

So from me, thanks for making it a nightmareish job. ;)

I'm off for a drink to celebrate my wedding anniversary now, so expect some fuzzy pictures and bad grammer soon. Grammar. :whistling::blink:

Later, photoforum folks.

Andrew.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

I think I've created a monster. We can't go anywhere w/o his having that camera in tow. :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Hey Elton, we need a smiley that is holding a camera......

Do you mean something like this Jan...

camera.gif

I'm sure Elton would insert this into the normal smiley group if asked nicely.

Dear Elton et al, please place smiley above into board sotware so we can all use it. Thank you very much!

If Elton does not do it, I'm sure Newt could.;)

BTW, aside from topic hijacking. Well done to Newt on wining and all entrants and finalists etc, and good job to Westie on the final tough deliberations.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Thanks all.

I was a real fan of the tractor photo as well. Great stuff.

I'm just hoping that when my comp rolls around there will be only a single clear winner. I suspect it is going to be hard enough picking finalists since the topic will allow for some very different interpretations.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

well done newt.

i really liked that pic and i think it captured the spirit of contour

les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Congratulations Newt, great to see another close run race.

I was looking at someones profile on a photography site the other day and saw they had a pic of that lighthouse. I thought "How odd, this one (in the US) is exactly the same as the one on AN". It wasnt until yesterday that I remembered that you're in the US too. DOH.

HB.

rb_getcreative.gif