Anger At Rising Cost Of Concessionary Rod Licences

Elton

Disability Living Allowance isn't means tested.

Disability Living Allowance isn't limited to people who arn't working.

You can be working and earning £100K a year and still recieve it.

To automatically get a consesion on your rod licence you need to have a blue badge, and to get a blue badge, you need to be recieving the higher rate of the mobility component of DLA.

The qualifying conditions for this are that you must be:

Unable or virtually unable to walk due to a physical disability

or have had both legs amputated at or above the ankle

or be born without legs or feet

or be both deaf and blind and need someone with you outdoors

or be severely mentally impaired, with severe behavioural problems and qualifying for the highest rate of the care component

or the effort required to walk would cause a danger to your life or cause deterioration in your health

With the exception of being both deaf and blind, any one of these conditions would stop you from fishing more than about 30m away from where you park your car.

I'm sorry but that is complete and utter C**P

Firstly a concessionary licences is available for Blue Badge holders and/or people in receipt of Disability Living Allowance.

Secondly you do not need to be receiving the higher rate of the mobility component of DLA infact you do not need to be receiving any benefit whatsoever, a blue badge is issued on the grounds of disability and nothing else, it has nothing to do with benefits.

Joe

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but that is complete and utter C**P

I often talk a load of "C**P" but here's the guidance on the blue badge scheme http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople...port/DG_4001061

Here are the qualifying conditions for DLA http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople...ort/DG_10011816

and just in case you missed it, here are the requirements for getting a rod licence concession http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subje...n=1&lang=_e

No I don't get DLA, I make entitlement decisions on it for a living.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

In Kens defence I have just checked the EA site and it does still say what he reports.So as I cant remember exactly where I first learned of this much needed and correct change and have actually got a consessionary licence I have sent the following to the EA-

Dear sir , Ive just read the information on your Website re Concessionary Rod Licences.I was under the impression that at long last this year you had ditched the "Blue Badge" system and as I was in reciept of DLA (Dissabled Living Allowance) I was now at last entitled to a concessionary licence.Indeed I was sold such on production of proof of such at a local Post Office.Can you please clear up this issue for me?

S D Burgess

Come on Ken you know how incompetent these people are? They cant even send out the right area magazine to the correct areas,check licences full stop yet alone some thing as technical as up dating a website! When I get (if they can be bothered lets wait and see eh?) a reply I will post it here and also the scathing reply along the lines of "yet another example of **** poor performance/misleading advice/ are they going to refund all the people who were mis lead etcetc" I intend to send.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

To be honest Budgie.

The problen with the issue of concesionary rod licences isn't with the EA directly, it's with the post office who actually administer the issue of licences on the EA's behalf.

Then again, what do the EA expect when they (Like every government department) go with the lowest bidder ?

Personally, I'd much rather see it done through tackle shops.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

And also sorry to say that it doesnt suprise me that allthough you " make entitlement decisions on it for a living." you dont seem that clued up on ALL of the facts either! Sorry mate and even though it does come over as a personal attack it isnt meant that way! Its just that from my experience the various benifit bodies are just as incompetent as the EA in understanding and administering their own/the Governments legislation/system.

However lets just wait and see what the EA say eh? Is their site wrong? Do you (admitedly thanks to the EA) not understand the system? or have I imagined the whole thing and the guy in the Post Office just sold me a consessionary licence by mistake? Who is wrong its a bleedin mystery isnt it?

Mind you if Im asked to pay the difference I might not be so cocky eh! (LOL some chance of getting any more blood from my stone mind!)

Benefits legislation is well known for being badly written and the rules for DLA are the Cream of the crop.

You can know statute law verbatim but there is no way that anyone can istantly recall and apply all of the often contradictory case law that's out there.

As for the rest of the benefits system, it is again imposible to have one person who knows it all in anything but the most superficial detail, so if you jo into your local Jobcentre Plus, your chances of finding someone who can explain DLA (which isn't a benefit that they administer) are almost nil. And in the south East in particular (with the staff turnover rate of a high stress job paying less than £15,000 a year being what they are), your chances of getting someone who fully understands the benefits that they do deal with are probably pretty slim.

I wouldn't worry about being asked to pay the difference, if you acted in good faith and the guy on the counter was happy to issue a licence, it's hardly your fault.

Benefits legislation is well known for being badly written and the rules for DLA are the Cream of the crop.

You can know statute law verbatim but there is no way that anyone can istantly recall and apply all of the often contradictory case law that's out there.

As for the rest of the benefits system, it is again imposible to have one person who knows it all in anything but the most superficial detail, so if you jo into your local Jobcentre Plus, your chances of finding someone who can explain DLA (which isn't a benefit that they administer) are almost nil. And in the south East in particular (with the staff turnover rate of a high stress job paying less than £15,000 a year being what they are), your chances of getting someone who fully understands the benefits that they do deal with are probably pretty slim.

I wouldn't worry about being asked to pay the difference, if you acted in good faith and the guy on the counter was happy to issue a licence, it's hardly your fault.

Exactly mate its a terrible state of affairs really though isnt it?

My biggest concern is that those who should arnt getting the full amount (as both they and many people tying to help them dont know exactly whats available) and (so it seems) many who arnt but do know are!

Thanks for taking my critisism in the way it was meant Ken and lets see what the EA say.

Couldnt get back on AN so I thought I would Google to try and find where I had seen this change advertised/anounced and guess what!-

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subje...399730/?lang=_e

Buy your rod licence online

New licences for 2007/08 now available.

Any angler aged 12 years or over, fishing for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels in England (except the River Tweed), Wales or the Border Esk and its tributaries in Scotland must have an Environment Agency rod licence.

We do not issue online licences to eligible disabled or senior citizen (65 years and over) concessions at present.

Money from the sale of licences helps to fund our work managing fisheries. If you are caught fishing without one, you are cheating other anglers and could be fined up to £2,500.

CLICK HERE - BUY YOUR LICENCE NOW

New prices for 2007/08 - valid from 1 April 2007 - 31 March 2008

Category

Non-Migratory Trout and Coarse

Salmon and Sea Trout*

Full Season (expire on 31st March 2008)

£24.50

£66.50

Junior

£5.00

£33.25

8 Day

£8.75

£21.00

1 Day

£3.25

£7.00

* Salmon and sea trout licence covers non-migratory trout and coarse fish as well.

These licences are also available from The Telesales Service on 0870 1662 662, or from any Post Office in England and Wales.

What other types of licence are available?

Concessionary licences for Blue Badge holders and people in receipt of Disability Living Allowance.

Concessionary licences for people aged 65 or over

Welsh/English bilingual licences

Important notice

Children under 12 years of age do not require a rod fishing licence

Full and Concessionary rod licences expire on 31st March

Failure to provide a valid Environment Agency rod licence could result in prosecution (maximum fine £2,500)

BUY YOUR ROD LICENCE NOW

Edited by BUDGIE

Astonishing. They're running two web pages saying totally different things. Ho hum.

Astonishing. They're running two web pages saying totally different things. Ho hum.

As Ive said for some time now Ken their incompetance is amazing. Just how many others in my position havnt been fortunate enough to learn of this change?

Shame there isnt a Scroungers Net where I could learn about any other benifits/handouts etc that Im "entitled" too :rolleyes: Only joking its humiliating enough all ready....