How much tackle do you take fishing?

kestrel

I am lucky at the moment because where I fish I can park directly behind most swims , It sometimes puts me off some of the swims which need a walk with all my gear . I seem to be getting lazier as I get older !

I was just wondering how much do you actually take with you for a day or 24 hr session ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

A barrow load..

PC120004.jpg

And I have now added some of my pole fishing gear as well "just in case"

"get motorised, get mobile" :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I just spent a weekend away camping, and had to sneak my gear into the camping trailer so my friends didn't notice (they think my angling obsession is just a passing fad.... ;))

I took one rod, my tiddly little Shimano reel, folding landing net, and just a couple of floats, shot, disgorger etc disguised in a cosmetic bag.

I banked 66 fish in a 12 hour session, and I'll be travelling a lot lighter from now on! I had to learn to adapt and fish with what I had, instead of taking everything but the kitchen sink with me and then not being able to decide what approach to use.

Janet

STC - he made his cart. It is even more impressive in person than from photos.

Kestrel - I take way more than otherwise since I'm only limited by free space in the boat and it's a wide 18ft boat. The outboard is large enough to handle it. The boat is my version of Den's cart.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

When carp/tench fishing for 24hrs or longer I take a stupid amount of gear. Most of it is essentially camping stuff (food, water, bivvie, bedchair, stove, pots and pans, pillow, sleeping bag, etc...) rather than fishing gear. I've always refused to buy a barrow to try to make myself limit the amount of stuff I take, but it's not working.

I need a barrow! I've gone over to the dark side :)

After all that it's such a treat to do a few hours chubbing with a rod, net and small bag of bits. I hate that feeling when you know you should move but you've got so much stuff that it'll be an absolute nightmare.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Too Much!!!!!!

for an average 24 hr session it takes me 3 hours from loading car to finishing setting up and only 20 minutes of that is driving to the lake. Most of what I take gets used though. Got it down to a fine art now and get everying on my chub barrow in one go. My problem seems to be finding kit when I get there. Got so many bags and zips and I never manage to pack my kit the same way twice and i've got bags to go inside bags !!!!!

Too Much!!!!!!

for an average 24 hr session it takes me 3 hours from loading car to finishing setting up and only 20 minutes of that is driving to the lake. Most of what I take gets used though. Got it down to a fine art now and get everying on my chub barrow in one go. My problem seems to be finding kit when I get there. Got so many bags and zips and I never manage to pack my kit the same way twice and i've got bags to go inside bags !!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I tend to take as little as I need. You can't get away without rods, bivvy, bedchair, sleeping bad etc so for me 1 night or 7 nights is little difference. Well one change of underwear doesn't take up a lot of space ;). Those that get into bad habits are people used to fishing from the car. I almost always have to barrow gear around the lake so that kind of makes you think 'do I really need it' ? You can always take extra stuff and leave it in the car for emergencies.

Rob.

everthing goes into a bergen bar the rods mat bivvy bedchair baitbucket and its carryable for about 1/2 a mile if im fishing any further (very rare now) away then bivvy bedchair get left and a goretex bivvy bag and sleeping mat go instead and the bait gets limited to the bear essentials, water purifier insted of a bottle of water all cuts the weight down massivley

I tend to take as little as I need. You can't get away without rods, bivvy, bedchair, sleeping bad etc so for me 1 night or 7 nights is little difference. Well one change of underwear doesn't take up a lot of space ;). Those that get into bad habits are people used to fishing from the car. I almost always have to barrow gear around the lake so that kind of makes you think 'do I really need it' ? You can always take extra stuff and leave it in the car for emergencies.

Rob.

I do carry too much gear but that is the advantage of the car being close. I will cut down though, my car may need a trailer soon !

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.