Castlerigg Stone Circle - Strange Phenomenon

Steve Randles

This is not something that happened in camera or in subsequent post processing, I saw this and deliberately photographed it...admittedly badly.

The day was misty with huge banks of it difting all over the lake district early morning, I walked away from the circle to get a shot of the complete thing and saw this, what looks like an aura.

Has anyone any idea or explanation of what it is or is it just too many Druids clanking their crstals?

CastleriggAura.jpg

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Hi Steve ..

I took a photo of a "Lunar Halo" some time ago. Apparently that was caused by ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. I can't see this being the cause here .. unless it was a freezing day !!

Mirage ?? Rainbow ?? :unsure::unsure:

Very strange .. :blink::blink:

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

makes you wonder if thats why they put the stones there in the first place, or is the aura caused by the magical properties of the stone? what ever, fabulous pic steve! there will be plenty of people very interested in it :thumbs:

Fishing, the only rule is that there is no rule!

Its the ancients letting you/us know they are still there !!!!!!!

Very strange

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Just thought of something else ..

Possibly the collected heat off the stones(Thermal Uplift) is pushing the cold mist layer into that formation.

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

This is not something that happened in camera or in subsequent post processing, I saw this and deliberately photographed it...admittedly badly.

The day was misty with huge banks of it difting all over the lake district early morning, I walked away from the circle to get a shot of the complete thing and saw this, what looks like an aura.

Has anyone any idea or explanation of what it is or is it just too many Druids clanking their crstals?

CastleriggAura.jpg

Steve...:)

Steve, check out this link, http://www.philiplaven.com/p2b.html

perhaps a fog bow

den.

It looks like fog to me. You were stood with your back to the sun when you took this?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yeh, looks like a refraction effect like a rainbow but in mist. For it to work on a scale that would fit in the photo, I'd expect the sun to be behind the camera and up about 45 degrees.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.