Lure Fishing For Bass

Elton

I've never tried for bass on lures before, but decided to have a go yesterday :)

We'd seen some gulls working over some fish, but I couldn't get a take on the lures. Steve then had a couple on the fly and they were tiny, so that explained why I was having none!

Then, a short distance away, we spotted more gulls working. These fish, like the smaller ones, were chasing herring fry and were slightly bigger. We managed to land quite a few and probably could have stayed there and caught them all day, if we'd wanted to.

Although not massive, quite a few were around the 40cm mark and the bites were pretty savage. I can't imagine what a bigger one would feel like hitting a lure!

I've added a few photos here.

I'm sure that Newt & Jan will be pleased - the two lures I used were ones that they kindly sent me from the USA :)

All of the lure caught fish were returned alive, but I did manage a couple of bigger bass later in the day that accompanied me on my journey home.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Xmas decorations are a good idea Ada. When they are in the right mood, you can catch them on anything. I'm going to catch one on a Biro or an AA battery next time we go out.

Maybe we could hold a forum competition to see who can catch a bass on the most unlikely household object?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

If you're fishing rough ground, those little crankbaits will catch plenty of wrasse as well.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Well Yeee Haaa Murph. Glad to see we finally have you taking fish in the modern way.

Live & cut bait are so yesterday. :P

Seriously - glad to hear you had a good outing. I'll slip a couple more likely candidates into Budgie's luggage for you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Nice one boss :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy