Couple of days on the MOG

Snatcher

Arrived at our caravan on the Friday night full of expectancy. Although I had already had "lads week" and this one was just me,my good lady and the sister-in-law I knew I would blag a bit fishing every day!! I expected to fish at some stage every day over the next 9 days.

My first target was to try and duplicate my earlier "feat" of hooking up a tope on a lure. I climbed down to the "pinnacle" (cheers Guy) on the end of the Mull and set up my beachcasting gear with a large mackerel type lure on the end rigged up with a length of wire trace. After a few tentative "trial" casts started really going for a good distance and was probably chucking it 50/60 yds,far enough for this attempt. Gave this about one hour and never got one take.

Topelure.jpg

Switched onto plan B. Put some mackerel flies onto the beachcaster and after 4 or five chucks had enough mackerel in my rock pool for my tope dead baiting attempt

Rockpool.jpg

Decided on a flapper so duly cast one out and waited,and waited,and waited. Eventually tap-tap and strike.Well I knew it was not a tope and it was too heavy for a doggie.Was hoping for a bass or a bull huss.Nope it was an evil looking black conger!!!

Evilconger.jpg

Got it onto the rocks and put my foot just behind its head so I could unhook it.What did the swine do,swivelled around and clamped its mouth on my trainer - I was not about to try and prise its mouth off!!! After a few minutes of trying to crush my toes(It did not know I was wearing my to-tectors from work he-he) it did release its grip and I got the hook out and back it went. Gave it another hour or so and then headed back to the van. I am sure that climb back to the car park is getting steeper!!!

Next day I took my good lady to East Tarbet at high water for a bit of float fishing. She likes fishing but refuses to rock hop so I though the boat ramp on the right would be ideal. Set her up with float fished limpet and look what happened

Dotwrasse.jpg

Guess who had to unhook it ????

I put on a team of mackerel flies,thinking of trying a deadbait from the same spot. what did I hook??

Smallpollack.jpg

Called it a day at that.

Next morning saw me up before dawn heading off to a mark south of Port Logan

PortGill.jpg

On the way happened upon a buzzard sitting on a fencepost - quickly snapped this through the car windscreen before it flew away

buzzard.jpg

Anway got a few pollack about the 2/2.5 lb mark on lures so was quite happy and headed back for breakfast at the van.

Next morning seen me plugging for bass at this spot. Never got one touch but the vista made up for it

Plugging-1.jpg

Well I thought I had another week of fishing in front of me.It was not to be.That night heading off to the pub slipped on the caravan steps and landed in a heap with fractured ribs into the bargain!!!! If I had been drunk I would have been floppy and would just have been bruised.

After the local doc had come to check me out my neighbours Carol and Roger brought me some flowers they had swiped from a garden!!

CandR1.jpg

I have spent the last ten days or so "stuggling" the 30yds from our caravan to the pub for some painkilling relief

Corner1.jpg

It really does hurt my the way. I am just a toughie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snatcher,signing off,away to fridge for some more painkiller :wheelchair::drunk::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Sounds like a great fishing holiday ,Snatcher. Nice pics too :thumbs: :thumbs:

A pity about the ribs though mate. He he.

No sorry , hope you make a full recovery. All the best.

"If i had been on the beer......................" yea right , i believe you.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Another great report mate and stunning pics enjoyed reading it with the Pavarotti, Placido Domingo and Kiri Te Kanawa singing Parigi O Cara in the background, a marvelous start to the day thanks mate, much needed :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

this one was just me,my good lady and the sister-in-law

<snip>

That night heading off to the pub slipped on the caravan steps and landed in a heap with fractured ribs into the bargain!!!!

Hmmm, sounds like a coverup for a threesome attempt gone wrong to me :spiteful:;):D

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Hmmm, sounds like a coverup for a threesome attempt gone wrong to me :spiteful:;):D

:o Who spilt the beans then!!!!! :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Rapala_XRap_10_SBM.jpg

I am going to have a go with with one of these in the big size when the mackerel are in. you never know!

Where ? on the Mull of Galloway or are you on a different mission? I know I will be trying it again. Will be trying to dulicate this fiasco :headhurt: but on heavier gear :thumbs:

Topeon1.jpg

I would love to get one in from the same spot :rolleyes:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Looks like it was worth a rib or two, just for that scenery and nice company :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE