fat cats

spanner

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

Well I think it's appauling taking those poor fishermen to court when the price of oil is so high. You should be allowed to break the law when times are hard. I'm going out tonight to rob me neighbours gardening equipment, im gonna put it on ebay tomorrow morning and use the proceeds to pay for the recent hike in petrol prices.

Hard times are no excuse for farmers, manufacturers, lorry drivers or anyone else to break the law. So why do commercial fishermen think its OK to use that excuse? If you dont like a law, lobby to get it changed - if you break it you lose your moral high ground.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

wurzel:

The noose is getting tighter and tighter. It won't be long you'll soon have the sea to your miserable selves.

:cool: Unfortunately there won't be much left for anglers, the commercials have pretty well stripped it bare. The only reason they are even considering giving the anglers a go is because it's almost non - viable for commercial fishing now. No doubt if the anglers run it well and bring the stocks back up, all of a sudden there will be pressure to let commercial interests back in, undoing all the good work the anglers have done. :D

Guest jay_con

wurzel:

The noose is getting tighter and tighter. It won't be long you'll soon have the sea to your miserable selves.

Miserable???? not me m8. Only thing makes me miserable is the thought of an empty sea and what could have been if action was taken earlier.

Guest jay_con

Salar:

Hard times are no excuse for farmers, manufacturers, lorry drivers or anyone else to break the law. So why do commercial fishermen think its OK to use that excuse? If you dont like a law, lobby to get it changed - if you break it you lose your moral high ground.

If you read through the article it looks like someone wants to bring the farmers into the argument.

Jaffa:

@Spring@, I can tell you the really big boats from the Northern Isles that are close to Altaire size:

Zephyr, Charisma, Serene, Adenia , Antartic, Research , and I think 1 more whose name I can't remember, all from the Island of Whalsay in Shetland.

Altaire from Northmavine on the Shetland "mainland".

Orcades Viking from Orkney.

Jaffa,

the Orcades Viking was sold last summer and has gone over to Norway somewhere...

although Angus(?) Sinclair has bought another Orcades Viking, it is only about half the size the other one.

scrabster survivor and official loony

www.tugmistress.co.uk

Life can't get better than this!

www.save-our-sharks.org

Thanks Tuggs; its great to hear news from up North.

Do you know what kind of boat the new one is and why he's "downsized" ?

Coincidentally, im in the middle of reading Redmond O'Hanlon's book "Trawler;A journey through the North Atlantic", which is about Redmond's experiences on the Norlantean K.508, skippered by Angus's son in law (?). Have you heard if that boat is still on the go, and is it still at the deep-sea fisheries?

Cheers, Chris.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net