What is it they say about boats??

Davy Holt

A hole in the water you through money at.. tis true.. all of it :)

After “losing “ the Port rudder I’ve now been hit with another technical hitch… the timing belt snapped on the starboard engine :( it did make for an interesting sail out to the mooring

Thankfully it happened when I was tied up alongside the pier, though I must admit it did raise a smile when I looked up and seen this

Posted Image

Before anyone says anything.. it was only there to drop a crew member off at the pier and for no other reason.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there much damage to the engine?

I had an idler explode at 4000rpm on the car so the belt was still going round but the timming was everywhere... it's true that it does sound like a bag of spanners falling down stairs. £700 to rebuild the engine :(

Hope yours wont be to bad.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Hiya,

I've had it on good authority (well Norrie told me :P )

that the chances are, the engine is gubbed, tis annoying as it was the better of the two. I'll put a new belt on it next weekend in the off chance that the valves are ok.. it was only doing 2000 rpm when the belt went.

Davy

You might be lucky, did you get the engine off quickly? I had a belt go on an old car a few years ago, set everything in position and put a new belt on, everything was fine.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

erm as the hamerhead flies.. it's 19 miles :)

David.. yup I *might* be lucky.. I'll know at the weekend.. still a pig of a job to do the timing insitue

Davy

always sad to hear the old lady aint well.davy have a look for the for 23 derv engine out of ford sierra or london style black cabs small heavy engine chain drive build like a brick.would be ideal marinized lump very torqy and low reving would fit stright on to your box. might be cheeper than the 1800TDS