What is it they say about boats??

Davy Holt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a lot of work going on with the boat and the snack shack :)though the Catchalot looks very sad out of the water :(

As for routine maintenance, I have met a lad that can get hold of any belts etc that you will need for cost price (lot lower than UK cost prices) so just email me what you can use and I will sort it, it is also legal and above board :)

We are in training for the trip in June :D

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Is she a converted sailing cat?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Sam,

Catchalot is a converted sub!! It was found at the bottom of the sea. If you don`t believe me, just ask Davy.

This saga has gone on long enough. So I`ll be appearing next weekend Davy armed with my Penn multi-tool. If we can`t fix the boat, I`ll fish from the social instead.

Myself, John and Ken are fishing the bank holiday together. On Sunday the 3 of us are going wrecking. 2rods each!! Should be fun.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

spasor:

Sam,

Catchalot is a converted sub!! It was found at the bottom of the sea. If you don`t believe me, just ask Davy.

This saga has gone on long enough. So I`ll be appearing next weekend Davy armed with my Penn multi-tool. If we can`t fix the boat, I`ll fish from the social instead.

Myself, John and Ken are fishing the bank holiday together. On Sunday the 3 of us are going wrecking. 2rods each!! Should be fun.

:cool: Any room for a short round one that's had his last 5 trips blown off? :D

Hiya,

Ok I took the head off the engine on Saturday.. just how many bit's is the camshaft supposed to be in ?? :rolleyes: I now have a three pieces camshaft..I wonder do you think I would get away with welding it back together

I also found the source of the problem, the water pump on the engine has been leaking, dripping water over the idler / tensioning pulleys causing them to rust up. So now I'm replacing all the idlers / tensioning pulleys and the water pump as well on both engines :rolleyes:

It was not a wasted weekend as since we had a cracking day on Saturday I managed to get some much needed hull repairs done :)

So next weekend will fingers crossed see the engine running again and if the parts arrive, the stern gear fixed and new rudder fitted.

So it's gonna be a couple more weeks before she is ready to go back in the water, then in the better weather she will be back out for a few days to get painted / anti fouled. This time however I'm not using paint, I'm ripping it back and gonna use coloured Gel coat as the paint only lasts a couple of years :(

So in answer to the other thread about boat being worth it.... yup it sure is :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"