QUIVER TIP FEMALE THREAD

saskcarp

If it's just for bite detection, wouldn't a 'springtip' be a better option?

You can adjust for sensetivity, but still have the power of the rod you need.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's just for bite detection, wouldn't a 'springtip' be a better option?

You can adjust for sensetivity, but still have the power of the rod you need.

John.

Sask might never have seen a Spring tip John might be worth you putting up a picture and an explanation.Mind you I bet there are several newcomers to coarse fishing here who havnt either.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Sask might never have seen a Spring tip John might be worth you putting up a picture and an explanation.Mind you I bet there are several newcomers to coarse fishing here who havnt either.

we use spring tips here but not sure if they are the same as yours. the springs we use here are more susceptible to icing up at minus temps when reeling in which can cause all kinds of problems.

Thanks for the input guys! :thumbs:

The Gas

pirate.gif

we use spring tips here but not sure if they are the same as yours. the springs we use here are more susceptible to icing up at minus temps when reeling in which can cause all kinds of problems.

Thanks for the input guys! :thumbs:

:doh: Didnt think of that!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Just us 'oldies' eh Budgie? ;)

I've been trying to find a picture with no luck so far.

I think they might be different to the ones you use Sask.

I've got a couple somewhere, but I can't find them. One I bought, and one I made for a particular shoal of difficult bream. (Haven't used them for years).

If I can't find a picture, (or someone better at googling than me can't), I'll try and draw one and scan it in.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Is this it (Sidewinder)? There's even a video clip... http://www.ultrafloats.co.uk/t&t.php

Thanks Dave, but that's not it.

It's basically a quivertip, pushed into a tight spring where it attaches to the rod end, (this can be via a screwed end ring, or an attachment on top of the rod tip.

When the 'quivertip' is pushed right into the spring, it acts like a normal quivertip. The further you pull it out of the spring the more sensetive it becomes, until it's nearly a 'swingtip'. (If that makes any sense).

Good grief, this makes me feel sooooo old :(;)

John'