TIME ON MY HANDS....?

Janet

Good read Janet looking forward to the next instalment

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geat write-up Janet, nice to see someone who is not obsessed with the big fish only.

looking forward to your next write-up.

fish4jump.gif

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

All in all, despite the chilled extremities, I had a great time, and I couldn’t wait to go up again. Thankfully, I didn’t have to wait too long.

To be continued….

Hope chapter 3 is just as good.... :thumbs:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

a great read Janet. i hope my Tales of the Riverbank: The Next Generation will be as interesting to read when i finally get out there!

Excellent as always, thanks for the read :thumbs: I have a feeling you'll be back for more soon.

You're right that satisfaction can't be measured in pounds and ounces, but a part of me really wants to know what that roach weighed :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'd love to know what it weighed too! Unfortunately my hands were too cold to get my phone out to take a picture. It was only after released it that I remembered I had a tape measure in my bag! I'm confident that it was over 1lb, possibly as much as 1 1/4lb, but we'll never know. I'll just have to go back and try and repeat my success (preferably when it's a little warmer!)

As I know there are some pretty big fish, particularly bream, roach and tench, in this lake, I'm currently looking for a decent set of accurate scales. I bought a a cheap scale when I started, but when I tested in at home, it weighed a kilo bag of sugar at three different weights, so in the bin it went! I won't weigh everything, but it would be better if I catch something decent if I could give you accurate weights instead of guesstimates!

Janet

Up to your usual excellent standard Janet and as always, a major pleasure to read.

Re: worms and ladies, Jan hates the dirt as well although since we buy ours on the way to the lake, she does not have the pre-wash option. She uses scissors to cut them (I use a thumbnail) and keeps a wet towel to remove any goo from fingers and scissors after putting worm on hook.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Up to your usual excellent standard Janet and as always, a major pleasure to read.

Re: worms and ladies, Jan hates the dirt as well although since we buy ours on the way to the lake, she does not have the pre-wash option. She uses scissors to cut them (I use a thumbnail) and keeps a wet towel to remove any goo from fingers and scissors after putting worm on hook.

to my defense, at least the scissors is one on my swiss army pen knife :rolleyes: . i can't stand that stuff under my nails.... :headhurt::schmoll: