For crying out loud!

mr motorola

Having said that, Ken used the word misguided which implied their views were wrong. Why is it that we in the west believe that OUR way is best and must some how foist it upon others? Whats the crime rate like in Saudi for example? Do they have the same kind of drink or drug problems we do? Always two sides to every story.

I think a visit to Chop Chop Square on a Friday would confirm that they do have a drinks and drugs problem on a large scale which is generally swept quietly under the carpet. In each of the principle cities Friday is the day of the chop and drug dealers are top of the list.

Yes they have their problems they arrest 200 plus today, militants plotting against the ruling house of Saud. And you can probably double that.

So getting back to the lady in question Phil, do you think they should give her forty lashes ? Do you think that is right and propper because it is their country and their laws? Would you still think that if it was your mother who was in that position ?

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil

I believe lashes is only one possible punishment here Ken.

Unlike you to go for the radical approach and pick the harshest one! You ever considered writing for the tabloids? :rolleyes:

In the UK ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. Why complain about it elsewhere?

No, I don't like the idea of the lady getting lashes anymore than you do, but if thats the law, then thats the law.

Can't see it happening anyway FWIW.

I believe lashes is only one possible punishment here Ken.

Unlike you to go for the radical approach and pick the harshest one! You ever considered writing for the tabloids? :rolleyes:

In the UK ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. Why complain about it elsewhere?

No, I don't like the idea of the lady getting lashes anymore than you do, but if thats the law, then thats the law.

Can't see it happening anyway FWIW.

It appears that the kids were equally 'guilty' for this crime should they share the punnishment as well. Whats good for one.

Thinking of naming my pet fish Mo............................ed every one to do the same, problem solved.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It appears that the kids were equally 'guilty' for this crime should they share the punnishment as well. Whats good for one.

Thinking of naming my pet fish Mo............................ed every one to do the same, problem solved.

I really do find it weird that a teddy bear being named Mohammed should be seen as inciting........HOW? Is a bear of any kind against their beliefs? And how is it acceptable for millions of men to be called the same without inciting the same? A bit strange if you ask me , something underlying somewhere , maybe someone trying to prove a point ...don't know.

All i can say from my observation of this is................playground standard.

And for what it's worth...............send the teacher home with a full and public apology.

Edited by mr motorola

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Sorry Ken, but I read it all carefully the first time and it reads exactly the same the second time, so I stand by my comments.

Don't worry, she will be home for Christmas, without a mark on her body. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I really do find it weird that a teddy bear being named Mohammed should be seen as inciting........HOW? Is a bear of any kind against their beliefs? And how is it acceptable for millions of men to be called the same without inciting the same? A bit strange if you ask me , something underlying somewhere , maybe someone trying to prove a point ...don't know.

All i can say from my observation of this is................playground standard.

And for what it's worth...............send the teacher home with a full and public apology.

Mr M one of the problems that seem to repeat its self with some of us on this forum over and over is the Fact that the cultural gulf between them and a Sudanese Imam are so diametricly opossed that Eating and Dumping are proberly the only thing you have in common and yes they have rules for that as well, These poeple belive the Koran is the writen testament of god passed down to humanity through the last of a succession of Profits Namely Mohamed, There are two issues at play here one of God instructions to mohamid and written in the Koran was to never make a effigy of a living thing as you may be tempted to worship it as what happend in the Biblical account of the jews and the golden cow created whilst Mosses was gathering the commandments,secondly Koranic Law Wich I belive is called the Hadif forbades the Mocking of the profit or taking his name in vain.

These Beliefs are alien to us With our secular out look but To them we are a moraly Bankrupt sociaty,

And ill equiped to pass coment on the way they live,I think even you mate with the way you veiw the world would have learnt a few dos and donts before you went there if you went there

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

FB - what the Sudanese have not realised is that there are an awful lot of Sudanese people in this country! When these Sudanese start telling us that are going to wear a burka or yashmak "on religious grounds" They will have to remember what they have done to a Brit!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Mr M one of the problems that seem to repeat its self with some of us on this forum over and over is the Fact that the cultural gulf between them and a Sudanese Imam are so diametricly opossed that Eating and Dumping are proberly the only thing you have in common and yes they have rules for that as well, These poeple belive the Koran is the writen testament of god passed down to humanity through the last of a succession of Profits Namely Mohamed, There are two issues at play here one of God instructions to mohamid and written in the Koran was to never make a effigy of a living thing as you may be tempted to worship it as what happend in the Biblical account of the jews and the golden cow created whilst Mosses was gathering the commandments,secondly Koranic Law Wich I belive is called the Hadif forbades the Mocking of the profit or taking his name in vain.

These Beliefs are alien to us With our secular out look but To them we are a moraly Bankrupt sociaty,

And ill equiped to pass coment on the way they live,I think even you mate with the way you veiw the world would have learnt a few dos and donts before you went there if you went there

Fair comment FB , i'm not up on religion having been thrown out of the class at school for falling asleep in all the lessons (never saw the point in the subject and still don't).

But going on your statement as being true.......could anyone actually worship a teddy bear? Is this religion that shallow? I'm not slating the intellect of this religion but , i think it is the growing sects / cults that are becoming more apparent . What i do know is ........these underlings always seem to be hiding behind the writings of a book (koran) stating the beliefs in it.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Brumagem Phil

I think Five Bellies makes a very fine point here.

The word empathy springs to mind here.........neither side is prepared to put itself in the others shoes, and both remain entrenched in their own views.

We believe that because we have left religion behind that we have moved forward and that those who practice strict religious codes are in some way backward. They on the other hand believe that we have strayed from religion and are morally corrupt and wish to show us the error of our ways.

Who is correct? Of course we will claim we are, but they will claim they are. Both will show the good sides of their societies to try and prove their case whilst both will choose to ignore their societies obvious failings. On the basis that both western and islamic societies are far from idilic, who is one to say the other is wrong?

Its not long ago that a woman blaspheming against Christianity as she has done would have been burned at the stake. It wasnt so long ago that a woman accused of adultery in Britain would be put in stocks in the centre of town so any man who wished too could 'take her' also. Remember too that in Britain until fairly recent times, EVERY crime was a capital crime and could be punished by death.

Maybe 40 lashes isn't too bad after all............

Edited by Brumagem Phil

I think Five Bellies makes a very fine point here.

The word empathy springs to mind here.........neither side is prepared to put itself in the others shoes, and both remain entrenched in their own views.

We believe that because we have left religion behind that we have moved forward and that those who practice strict religious codes are in some way backward. They on the other hand believe that we have strayed from religion and are morally corrupt and wish to show us the error of our ways.

Who is correct? Of course we will claim we are, but they will claim they are. Both will show the good sides of their societies to try and prove their case whilst both will choose to ignore their societies obvious failings. On the basis that both western and islamic societies are far from idilic, who is one to say the other is wrong?

Its not long ago that a woman blaspheming against Christianity as she has done would have been burned at the stake. It wasnt so long ago that a woman accused of adultery in Britain would be put in stocks in the centre of town so any man who wished too could 'take her' also. Remember too that in Britain until fairly recent times, EVERY crime was a capital crime and could be punished by death.

Maybe 40 lashes isn't too bad after all............

Well put Phil and easily put. My view is PROGRESS PROGRESS PROGRESS , we have evolved from single celled organisms into neanderthal man to this , some of mans creations / inventions have helped us incredibly so....do we now stop at a brick wall or take a step backwards? Is it normal to live from the beliefs of a book ? A book which isn't verified as true (also the bible) and live your life / upset others / kill others just because of it?

Could Moses have parted the sea? Did Noah build a ship so big as to carry every living creature (times2)? These and so many other stories MAY be true to some extent but , the twisting of tales from ear to ear generation to generation only makes things miscontrued.....it has to. So in essence what you are actually reading is a novel , it has to be. Not 100 or 1000 people but millions upon millions of people are reading and ingesting this as true and must be adhered to. Probably why so many wars have been fought over religion and may one day be the killer of this world.