fishing related christmas gifts ,your getting or hoping too

chavender

Simms? The IAC will be pleased :D

Nah! I'm not made of money - there top of the range pair retail for 800 quid (well £799 if you're being picky). My last pair of Scierra's have lasted me 12 years so I've replaced like with like!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I gave up on asking for or expecting angling gifts a long time ago. Non anglers just really don't get it do they ;(

Who else has a collection of "nice" telescopic rod kits in plastic cases sitting unused in the loft ;)

Mat

Mat

Thanks for the heads up on the Acolite. I had heard there had been issues with the top sections breaking and was waiting for feedback.

I have a leeda blue diamond 15 ft which is well balanced but it has a through action and it is noticably slower on the strike than my 13 ft so although can hold out well it is still not really good for long trotting. It has extra sections for 16 and 18 ft aswell.

My chest waders are leaking so may add them to the list. Last set lasted two seasons.

Thanks for the heads up on the Acolite. I had heard there had been issues with the top sections breaking and was waiting for feedback.

I have a leeda blue diamond 15 ft which is well balanced but it has a through action and it is noticably slower on the strike than my 13 ft so although can hold out well it is still not really good for long trotting. It has extra sections for 16 and 18 ft aswell.

My chest waders are leaking so may add them to the list. Last set lasted two seasons.

I haven't got a 15ft acolyte but have the 11ft carp waggler and the 13 and 14fters in the plus models. I only got the 11ft carp waggler because it was cheap but i'm glad I did as it's perfect for small to medium rivers. A good friend of mine has a 15fter and he really likes it, whilst trotting with it he's had a lots of chub and dace and a few barbel to about 7lb. As far as I can see drennan only do the 15ft in the ultra model but it's rated to 5lb mainlines so still quite strong. I'm happy with my 14fter really but if I ever drop on a 15fter at the right price i'm havin' it :).