Sea Fishing Licence - would you pay?

Fastrantiger

but if a commercial runs over a hermit crab with an otter board then thats wholesale destrution of marine habitat

Well Steve, you're right there ......

BEFORE -

TRAWLDAMAGE3.jpg

AFTER -

TRAWLDAMAGE4.jpg

BEFORE -

TRAWLDAMAGE5.jpg

AFTER -

TRAWLDAMAGE6.jpg

(Images credit to L Veale (MCS) and Dr J Hall-Spencer, University of Plymouth; Marine Pollution Bulletin 52 (2006) 831-835).

There's none so blind as WILL not see.

B)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but if a commercial runs over a hermit crab with an otter board then thats wholesale destrution of marine habitat

[Photo's removed - John S]

(Images credit to L Veale (MCS) and Dr J Hall-Spencer, University of Plymouth; Marine Pollution Bulletin 52 (2006) 831-835).

B)

Hi H.A

QUOTE/ Images credit to L Veale (MCS) and Dr J Hall-Spencer, University of Plymouth; Marine Pollution Bulletin 52 (2006) 831-835).

Shame they did not do something worthwhile like photograph aggregate dredging areas, mind you I expect you would deem those area to be normal

Happy new year

steve

Edited by John S
Believe it or not, we've already seen those photo's on this thread already. There's no need to show them again, especially for such a short reply

Guest challenge

Glenk

Don’t know glen? Who is driving it? Is it the greens? The same organisation that you said you where once proud to be apart off? :rolleyes: By the way, nice fish you had the other day and complements of the season. :D

HA

If you’re not going to comply with recreational sea angling legislation when it comes about where will you do your fishing? :)

Its getting to that time of year when the beach south of Arbroath normaly spews the previous summers life, in an enormous wave of destruction that gets every dog walker wondering about just what evil man must just have done. Starfish dumped in their tens of thousands seem to produce a special reponse ;)

Before and after photos of an East Coast reef as examples of anything from mans inhumanity to the environment, a winter storm, whatever the papers tell us is the next scary thing....

Is it the summer or winter environemnt that we are to log and preserve btw? :(

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Seasons greetings Jaffa.

This country spends 100 mil on it's management of the sea, defra, i agree some of it's crap. It's not more management but a correct one wanted. Some of the eu management is crap as well. If there were none i believe there would be no fish in the sea.

To allow commercials to run it, to what extent and who to trust? What about the big boys who have been taken to court and found guilty of taking our stock, or the one's who have multiple court cases behind them, trust them, like the brixham skipper who dredges lyme bay who has been caught, trust him not to fiddle us on a voluntary basis. I would find that very difficult. What about the others 'getting in the way' what they want to see is fish in the sea isn't it. The rsa certainly do and what is wrong with that and why are they getting in the way? What do they need to wise up to?

Sorry to stop your argument early, but why on earth do you assume that if there was no EU management , there would be "no fish in the sea"?!

As for the commercials running it, well why not give it a try? we have had years of everyone else trying to do it on "their behalf" (or now all us "stakeholders" behalf, and its been a disaster)

I can see things up here getting much better, without any new legislation. I have idea whatsoever about your part of the world; never fished there and know little about it at all.

But i have some kind of ideaology so should tell you what to do i guess :P:)

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

As for the commercials running it, well why not give it a try?

Oh Jaff .... you poor ole thing!

A bit like 'boy racers' running the motorways, eh?

Or Burglars.com running Neighbourhood Watch??????

:roll1: :roll1: :roll1: :roll1: :roll1:

Edited by H.A.

[Edited to remove photo's]

B)

Were the before photos taken a hundred years ago or before the last time trawled but after the time before?

Edited by John S
Believe it or not, we've already seen those photo's on this thread already. There's no need to show them again, especially for such a short reply

I fish to live and live to fish.

[quote name='Jaffa' date='Jan 4 2008, 01:52 AM' post='798336

I can see things up here getting much better, without any new legislation. I have idea whatsoever about your part of the world; never fished there and know little about it at all.

But i have some kind of ideaology so should tell you what to do i guess :P:)

Hello Jaffa

Much the same around here.

In fact things were better before they decided the under 10 fleet needed any management, in those days when the local fleet was left to it's own devices there were a few boats targeting rays (thornbacks) with a few cod by catch, a few targeting soles with a bit of cod and ray by catch and a few fishing for cod with a by catch of rays, every body had their niche no where or species was put under undue pressure and the local market was not over supplied by just one species.

At the moment due to management the only viable fish we are allowed to catch are rays with a small amount of cod and a total stop on soles, so all the boats have no option but to fish for rays putting undue pressure on the local stock and causing problems on the market, no doubt the management when they decide to open the sole fishery will close the ray and cod fishery leaving all the fleet no option but to fish for sole causing even more problems on limited ground.

No management is better than bad management.

I fish to live and live to fish.