Which Beachcaster?

Ernie Eels

Im about to purchase a beachcaster but have no idea which 1 to buy so was looking for some advice,

price range - £30-£80, fixed spool.

Here's some ive found, any thoughts on them? or any other rods you could recommend? Also if you see any of them cheaper lmk,

Abu premium Beacaster £50

Mustad Viking Power Beachcaster £58

Shakespeare Odessa Beachcaster £40

Shakespeare Powerplay Beachcaster £50

Shakespeare Ugly stick Beachcaster £44

Penn Powerstick Plus £70

Daiwa Longbeam £40

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ernie, What type of ground are you going to fish, as it will make a difference in the type of rod you will buy/need. I have an old Daiwa Paul Kerry rod, that I love to bits, and a Leeda Riptide for the rougher stuff, again about a couple of years old,I find them very easy to work with, but I only use multipliers on them....dont have much info on F.S. ones. Why not go secondhand, you will get a much better rod for your money...and there are always plenty about to be had.Glasgow Angling has a second hand section in their shop in the Gallowgate in Glasgow.

Cheers. :D:D and happpy hunting mate.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Guest jay_con

Ive heard good things about the penn range, Infact im gonna get my son one for christmas. As norie says its best to match the rod to the type of ground your going to fish.

Bought a Shimano Nexave 4.25BX back in the summer, beautiful quality finish, really easy to cast distance and great bite detection. Teamed this up with a Daiwa Emcast which after the first one broke has been really good.

Can't recommend them enough.

The rod was £110, but you may be able to get it cheaper if you shop around.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi, Thanks for the replies, only recently taken sea fishing up and I have been fishing on clean ground mainly up until now, deffinately dont need a specific rough stuff rod, just a general all round beachcaster if theres such a thing these days :)

Cant really go down the 2nd hand way as its a present off a family member, will deffo make sure its a fixed spool version when i buy.

I've got a Mustad Viking Extreme that is probably my favourite rod at the moment, but not a fixed spool version and not bought for £58.

The Viking Bass rod looks lovely!

I also have a Shakespeare Odessa which is a lot floppier.

Have a look at a Tuffstik 4-10 oz. Bit short in the handle perhaps, but really light and about your price c£50!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest jay_con

Have a think about using a multiplier. They are not for everybody, but they are pretty easy to master. Might just save you money in the long run>