Monster Perch

dogstick

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief! :o If genuine (and it looks like it may well be) that's absolutely fantastic! The Thames must be the best big-fish water in the country now.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

what is the lenth to weight scale for pearch what would a 15" thing be

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

That looks a beauty; it looks like the record has gone some really big Perch around at the moment; I am going to have to get out and have a go at my favoured spot on the Beult.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest tigger
The Thames must be the best big-fish water in the country now.

It's certainly looking that way. The Perch in there just seem to grow exceptionally big, I wonder why and if their diet has something to do with it ? As I live up Lancashire and have never been near the Thames I always thought/imagined the Thames as a big dirty polluted old river but it seems my vision was totally wrong !! It seems to be out fishing most waters for quality fish. I wonder if the water quality is good enough for the Salmon and Trout now ? Any AN'ers caught them in the THames, I'm just curious that's all ?

Great fish. Well done that man.

A carier bag is probably the best thing to weigh smaller species as it doesn't remove slime or abraid them in any way.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I wonder if the water quality is good enough for the Salmon and Trout now ? Any AN'ers caught them in the THames, I'm just curious that's all ?

Yes me! The salmon in the photograph was taken on ledgered bread crust at Romney Lock Cut, Windsor in 1992. As I remember, small brown trout regularly put in an appearance in matches.

I totally agree with the sentiments about the Thames. The sheer size (and depth of it in places) is inspiring. I grew up fishing on the Thames and miss it terribly. There was a swim in Old Windsor where several 1.5lb+ perch were guaranteed in a short session.

post-4157-1199818932_thumb.jpg

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

Yes me! The salmon in the photograph was taken on ledgered bread crust at Romney Lock Cut, Windsor in 1992. As I remember, small brown trout regularly put in an appearance in matches.

Not quite a Salmon, but it is a cracking Sea trout :clap::clap:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"