Powers Of A Committee

glennk

Can anyone point me in the direction of some advice on what powers a committee of a small sports club may have. In this instance the committee is elected by the clubs membership but there is no constitution in place. Friction has arisen over some of the committees decisions from the membership and now the committee are questioning their own powers.

How can we find out what a committee can and cant do in respect to running of small sports clubs ?

Help..............

I agree with Greg Long. Hold either an Annual General Meeting (if you have never held one before)

or an Extraordinary Ad Hoc general meeting to adopt a constitution. The committee, although resigning, can be re-elected by a majority of members if they want.

Look on the web for constitutions, and adapt them to suit your club.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

That's the one Glen!! You actually need to adopt the constitution if you don't have one.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

As others have said you need a full constitution. Failing that, look back to the original minutes at the formation meeting / first agm, and see if anything was agreed. It's normal for a committee to propose things which the membership votes on at AGM's, but committees can also act autonomously if so empowered.

Rob.