flasks

bingbong

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but 2 smaller flasks are better than 1 large one as you don't open the second one and let cold air in until half way though the day.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

No, but 2 smaller flasks are better than 1 large one as you don't open the second one and let cold air in until half way though the day.

True, but two larger flasks are better still :D

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

True, but two larger flasks are better still :D

I've completely done away with flasks and bought a superb little device called a 'Jetboil'

O.K you've got to carry a bottle of water too,but freshly brewed,hot tea whilst winter piking.......Luxury!

Jeff

Metal flasks seem to be better than plastic, and if you add milk, dont put it in the flask put it in the container in the screw top.

Or if its very cold just take a hip flask of whisky. :drunk::fishing:

I take two flasks each day. Both stainless "Thermos" This time of year I tend to only use one up due to short sessions, and when I come to refill the next morning, the unused one is still very hot. Not scalding like when it is first filled, but plenty hot :)

I was told recently, on this forum, that this is not possible, but I have been doing it for at least 20 years, and even when I fished for barbel, starting at 4am and ending at 11pm, I still had a hot drink left. Not scalding, but plenty hot :)

There, I have said it twice......................:)

Take your milk seperate, I use longlife resealable cartons.....the flavour tends to grow on you :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Stainless thermos flasks are brilliant, I always use one of these for work, keeps hot for about 16 hours. Still warm long after.

Best advice would be to buy a proper stainless "thermos" flask. They last for ever too, I have two of these both two litres one of them now resembles an egg it has been dropped that many times and it still does the job perfectly. :D

has anybody found a thermos flask that works all day ??

Where did you lose it?

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It helps a lot to fill the flask with very hot water and leave it to stand while you'll boiling the kettle for the drink. Keeps the contents hotter for longer than if you'd poured it into a cold flask. Also, I use the type of flask with the small push-button pourer in the top. This means you don't have to unscrew the top to pour a drink, which lets cold air in.