Now let's ban fishing

Colin Brett

From the Letters page of the Cambridge News 4th September 2002.

Now let's ban fishing!!

from Teresa Thom

I had the considerable displeasure of witnessing an act of great cruelty on a visit to a popular fishing spot near your offices on Saturday.

A group of people were engaged in a fishing match.

I could not believe that this hideous and grotesquely cruel practise is still permitted under British law.

Now that we are banning hunting with dogsin this country I am sure that we must ban this evil practise as soon as possible.

Please tell your readers that if they ever see this evil practise they are to approach the fishermen and women and tell them to stop.

I shall be returning to your area at the end of the month and looking for people who will support a ban on fishing.

James Street,

London W1

Enough said??????????????????????

Colin

Hiya, What planet is this "person " from,that she cant believe that this is still allowed under British Law. Must be the moon or some such place. OOPS the moon aint a planet. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Colin Brett:

Please tell your readers that if they ever see this evil practise they are to approach the fishermen and women and tell them to stop.

I shall be returning to your area at the end of the month and looking for people who will support a ban on fishing.

Best laugh I've had all week - Nice one Colin. Totally bonkers and never quite made it as a milk monitor at school. :D:D:D:D:D

--

Be Kind To Your Children, They Get To Pick Your Nursing Home.

Martyn:

A warning to us all!

Yet another wake up call for all of us to join the Countryside March on the 22nd September.

Martyn

Or it just might just be the CA trying to panic anglers into joining the CA March. It appears that this letter has been e-mailed to publications around the country. Our Mss Thom certainly gets about!

Colin Brett:

From the Letters page of the Cambridge News 4th September 2002.

James Street,

London W1

Enough said??????????????????????

Colin

:D Hope she can Swim !!!! :D:D

This is just another popular fad?

We`ve been through them all time and again.

We`re wicked if we smoke, drink,drive cars,use pesticides,kill ants,eat meat,wear fur,look at naughty pics on the net,don`t go to church on sundays,keep pets,don`t allow the townies to trample our backyards,tell jokes about anyone not our identical twin.

There are always sad souls with empty lives that have nothing better to do, than to complain about other peoples pleasure?

Myself. I think people who keep fish in small tanks or ponds are far more cruel than anglers? Fish that anglers target are invariably larger and healthier than any captive fish! Live longer and have a better quality of life.

But then I`m biased!! I smoke,drink,wear fur,keep pets,motor around the country angling and have been known to tell jokes about the afflicted. As a short fat Taffy, I think I`ve every right to do so? To make matters worse I`m going deaf, my eyesight is failing and my bald patch is spreading!!

I wonder what those sad people who start these campaigns would do in a perfect world?

:rolleyes: Paul. :rolleyes:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

i had a strange incident on Chesil Beach a few weeks back, seemed to be on the receiveing end of pebbles and sign language from the top of the bank about a 100yd's away from a couple of passers by....just assumed it was a nutty couple...they didnt get any closer and there was (as usual about 40 other people around)...

but now i wonder if they are in the same camp as these people...

i eat what i catch if its big enough, as i'm not into animals suffering catches are despatched quickly (with suitable consideration given to onlookers), if they're not big enough it goes back in, i clear up after me and anything else i find like line etc washed goes in the bin as well and i feel i've got slightly more interest in conservation than some muppet out for a walk after reading some local rag

i suppose they dont use/wear animal by-products...and they yank out their own incissors and canines just incase they may get the temptation to eat something apart from toffu and quorn

a rant for a first post...what a way to start