Gods image.

gozzer

,mentally a boy can think he's a girl ,Napoleon or god .

To be god, the boy would have to go back in time to before creation, and then do it all himself, learn how to sit on a cloud, be invisible, inpregnate women from distance and a whole host of improbable things.

To be Napoleon he would need to be time transported back over 200 years. Learn the art of artillery and ensure that he positioned himself in the right place and at the right time to rise to prominence by using those artillery skills to disperse rioting mobs in the Troubled france of the time.

To pull off those feats....well it's not going to happen.

To change sex... that wont happen either, as I have already said don't like and reject the term 'sex change', however 'gender reassignation is perfectly possible and feasable. He can have surgeries to make him and wider society appear and feel more comfortable in his gender role of choice as 'she', who could even go on to marry, be a wife and live a happy life. The alternative is for her to spent a bleak unhappy existence as 'him' and that's when the real mental illness clicks in. No matter how much and how many times she is told that she is 'wrong', 'ill' or any other negative it won't change a thing.

I'm really interested in your statement, ' i do get annoyed some can force their mental delusions into my being . You also said that you don't have any gay friends to pretend to like. So what exactly do LGBT people do to impact upon your life to annoy you so?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True and you can call a man a woman, chop off as much as you want, dose him with all the oestrogen in the world, but he'll never waddle away pregnant.

and the many millions of infertile females who have lived were still women and not men!

'Gender' A term describing many aspects of human expression and identity, conveniently packaged into two neat stereotypes for anyone unwilling to think.

http://www.pfc.org.uk/node/594#heterosexuality

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

and the many millions of infertile females who have lived were still women and not men!

'Gender' A term describing many aspects of human expression and identity, conveniently packaged into two neat stereotypes for anyone unwilling to think.

http://www.pfc.org.uk/node/594#heterosexuality

I am sorry but the link for me does nothing to describe heterosexuality, it would appear to be belittling it not describing it.

Further quotes from the site

Justice: The process by which courts recognise the existence of serious discrimination against trans people and denial of their civil rights, but generally fail to exercise their powers to remedy the situation.

Leviticus, n.

Book of the Old Testament of the Bible, with hundreds of strict conditions to be followed by the faithful — and which very, very few Christians even attempt to follow. Curiously overlooked by those who scour the good book looking for any clause which might be interpreted as a condemnation of trans people, but a very useful document to cite in response to misguided “Christians” who seek scriptural support for their prejudice

I must admit your reply to my post on gay men fostering young boys seemed to lack tolerance.

At least when I post it is my words and my thoughts I do not need the The Devil's Dictionary of trans terminology to support my views.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I am sorry but the link for me does nothing to describe heterosexuality, it would appear to be belittling it not describing it.

Further quotes from the site

I must admit your reply to my post on gay men fostering young boys seemed to lack tolerance.

At least when I post it is my words and my thoughts I do not need the The Devil's Dictionary of trans terminology to support my views.

Oh come on FFS it was a 'satire'....you know a bit cynical but basically humerous?

I have argued my views with hundreds of my own words, using cited quotes, rather than just list 'what I think', but then thats the way I have been trained to debate not by relying upon a personal narrative which without any back up seldon impacts upon thinkers.

This threat has been a revelation (not the biblical one),

I think most the problems for the gay community stem from the fact that a large proportion like to shout about their sexuality from the roof tops, gay parades etc.

Where as heterosexuals are content and don't have to demonstrate their sexuality by public parading.

I looked back to find your post re gay adoption, which you say my response to was intolerent, I could't find it, care to remind me.

I did find the above, which warrants a reply. It is a mistake to imagine LGBT people as an homogenous group, you will never know how many of the people you meet as you go through life are gay lesbian, bi or trans, simply because they don't 'shout from the rooftops' (this thread is so laced with predictable cliche). Do you know the sexuality and origial gender allocation of everyone you have ever interected with, even briefly ?

To condemn them as such is like lumping all Irish people 'terrorists' because of the activities of the IRA, or anglers irresponsible because some leave discarded tackle which harms wildlife.

'Homosexual' as a social identifier is a feature of modernity. Although there is evidence of same sex, sex in almost all human cultures, the word/label homosexual and therefore the identity which is attached to it was absent in the way in which we have come to know it.

Well this, and the rest of the post (which I have reduced to save space), is interesting stuff, so thank you. But I thought I heard somewhere that in ancient Athens 50% of the population were homosexual. Maybe that is simply incorrect?

But, thinking about it, there were homosexual prostitutes in the Greek world in the first century, were there not? I am aware of this because some christians argue that the word for homosexuals in some of Paul's writing really refers to such people. So, surely, wouldn't you have needed to have some sense of 'I'm one of the bods who goes to these'? And in a biggish city like Corinth it's surprising there was no sense of homosexual identity amongst such folk?

Edited by The Flying Tench

john clarke

You may understand the opposition to ammending birth certificates, but the opponents have missed the boat. Provision for this is safely in place following the 'gender recognition act (2004).

As for the Olympics...

Transsexual athletes who have undergone a sex-change operation are now allowed to compete in the Olympic games. The International Olympic Committee stated in November 2003 that, “We will have no discrimination,” at the Olympics.

In order to compete in the Olympics, athletes must first, qualify for their sport. Trans athletes must also have completed sex-reassignment surgery, have their gender identity be legally recognized and must have been on hormones long enough that they would not have any gender-related advantage in sports competition. The rules cover both female-to-male and male-to-female transsexuals.

There have not been any reports of out transsexual athletes at the Athens Olympics. Up until the Sydney Olympics in 2000, athletes were routinely checked to verify their gender. The ruling was changed because women can have non-traditional chromosomes or be born with ambiguous genitalia.

Transsexuals have long fought for the right to compete in sports. One of the most famous transsexual athletes was Rene Richards who competed in women’s tennis in the 1970s. She did not play in the Olympics.

Michelle Dumaresq (33) is Canada’s downhill mountain bike champion for 2003. She is also transsexual. She completed her sex-reassignment surgery from male to female in 1996. Michelle has competed in the pro circuit, but downhill mountain bike racing is not yet an Olympic sport.

Although Michelle did not compete as a racer when she was male, she did ride challenging courses all through her childhood. She claims that once she transitioned, she noticed the change in her physical fitness level. She said that without testosterone muscle mass decreases and she has to work extra hard to maintain her top physical condition.

Belge, K. (2004) Transsexual Athletes at the Olympics. Lesbian Life About.com

There are lots of other examples of trans sports people competing in sports.

Interesting, but I am surprised they decide which group (male or female) you can compete in on the basis of gender rather than sex (hopefully I've now mastered the terminology!) I had understood male muscle was stronger than female - but I suppose the IOC must have studied this and decided the hormones make up for it.

john clarke

Interesting, but I am surprised they decide which group (male or female) you can compete in on the basis of gender rather than sex (hopefully I've now mastered the terminology!) I had understood male muscle was stronger than female - but I suppose the IOC must have studied this and decided the hormones make up for it.

People compete in their 'destination' gender role. male to female transpeople compete in womens events and vice versa.

in ancient Athens 50% of the population were homosexual. Maybe that is simply incorrect?

There were no 'homosexuals' in the ancient world, as that term hadn't been invented, and the identity which hangs onto it had not evolved

There were people who engaged in same sex relationships, but not with an label like homosexual as we know it as a 'social signifier'. The problems of trying to impose modern western categories with thier attendent labels on a non modern/industrialised culture cannot be overstated.

And in a biggish city like Corinth it's surprising there was no sense of homosexual identity amongst such folk?

Perhaps they were not driven into a ghetto (gay community/scene) by people brandishing books which incite hate towards those who fall outside a quite narrow idiology, and were intregated into a society which unlike ours didn't consider peoples sex lives a threat to it's well being?

We are a culture obsessed by sex, look how this thread has developed, the presumption that transgender is about sexuality for example. I will elaborate on my meaning later/tomorrow.sunday....off to bed now, tired.