Seven Myths about Incapacity Benefit

YakDiver

So from what I read on here, if the Self employed paid more tax, and the scheming rich paid more tax, and I suppose all the tax dodging pensioners paid more tax, then there would be no benefits crisis, because there would be enough money to pay them!

I expect we are also to blame for the NHS problems, School funding problems, and maybe the rest of societies ills.

Funny thing that..I always thought that as a self employed person, using the tax rules to pay as little as possible.....and then becoming a pensioner and still having to pay tax..........to eventually leaving a sizeable estate which will be taxed, made me quite useful to society!

I am becoming quite depressed about my role in society...do you think I could claim something?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What hasnt been touched on this thread is the amount of money not claimed each year maybe through ignorance or pride I know of a person who is 82 registered blind is riddled with arthritis pays full rent full council tax he could probably claim something but because he can manage on his pensions he will not .He tells me he remembers the days when he had almost nothing not even food for the table so he considers himself "well off".PS and dont forget the government seem to find money for war thats probably why they need to get all the claimants off the "sick "

Edited by rob.imk2

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Guest Brumagem Phil
So from what I read on here, if the Self employed paid more tax, and the scheming rich paid more tax, and I suppose all the tax dodging pensioners paid more tax, then there would be no benefits crisis, because there would be enough money to pay them!

I think you are missing the point here Den.

Seems that whenever theres a knock going on around here, the finger always gets pointed at the sick/disabled.

All some of us are saying, is it not just about what goes out of the pot, but also what goes in. The self employed are notorious for not paying what they owe (generalisation based on what I was told by both my accountants when self employed) and the rich most certainly hide great swathes of wealth away from the tax man.

Not only that but when you see the politicians (our supposed role models) with their noses firmly in the trough, is it any wonder the populous follows suit?

Edited by Brumagem Phil

I expect we are also to blame for the NHS problems, School funding problems, and maybe the rest of societies ills.

Funny thing that..I always thought that as a self employed person, using the tax rules to pay as little as possible.....and then becoming a pensioner and still having to pay tax..........to eventually leaving a sizeable estate which will be taxed, made me quite useful to society!

I am becoming quite depressed about my role in society...do you think I could claim something?

Den

Do know what Den, being classed as self employed, with a LLP company i have to employ a certified accountant to have my accounts certified and signed off by the revenue, and find being stigmatised as a tax evader by guys who don't know what they are talking about a bit guiling to say the least.

What i pay in accountancy fees and book keeping i suppose could be handed over to the revenue, but they can sort me paperwork out for it, do you think they would be interested?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Come on guys, be honest! I owned two businesses in RSA and my bookkeeper would tell me to go and buy suits, shoes, shirts etc as I "was entitled to them as a legitimate business expense" If I held a party, it went under "entertaining clients" and I was buying failed businesses as "otherwise you will pay too much tax!"

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer - and thats just the able-bodied!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer - and thats just the able-bodied!

"The middle classes pay for everything; the poor have no money and the rich have accountants" : anon

;)

"The rich get richer and the poor get poorer"

and there you have it , the undeniable truth. Everything is OK , the system works fine as it was always intended to . Its so utterly pointless giving tax breaks or even abolishing tax on low earners , theyve got nowt anyhow, never will have, and will only end up blowing the extra out on packets of crisps. Its same with the benifit system in whatever guise it is , just let the feckers get on with it , its of no importance.

"The rich get richer and the poor get poorer"

and there you have it , the undeniable truth. Everything is OK , the system works fine as it was always intended to . Its so utterly pointless giving tax breaks or even abolishing tax on low earners , theyve got nowt anyhow, never will have, and will only end up blowing the extra out on packets of crisps. Its same with the benifit system in whatever guise it is , just let the feckers get on with it , its of no importance.

Haven't you worn out that wooden spoon yet, yoxer?

Or did you get a job lot from e-bay, and still working through them? :rolleyes:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Brumagem Phil

John.

Someone ought to grab one and stick it up his bum!!! :lol:

John.

I think he was being ironic, at least I hope he was :unsure: