Bigoted and Ignorant

corydoras

If someone can think of more suitable adjectives let me know!

Youtube Video ->

"It's not Christian, this is a Christian Nation"

Has this mad old bat ever read her own countrie's Constitution and Bill of Rights?

Some of these folks are worse.

Youtube Video ->Original Video

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive thought for some time now, that if obama gets elected,he will be a dead man walking.

I was talking to my son about it the other day, and we both thought the same as you Capt.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

ive thought for some time now, that if obama gets elected,he will be a dead man walking.
Funny you should say that Dave I was going to post as much in my opener, but changed my mind.

I found these clips

here

http://lippard.blogspot.com/2008/10/bigote...ccainpalin.html

via here

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/10...y_and_wrath.php

Some interesting comments (and some drivel) from both sides to be read en-route.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

It is sad that society is so blinkered, I often thought he would be lucky to see an election, he mingles very close with the punters.

Having watched that it will be a miracle. The man is being judged on colour and nothing else.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

It is sad that society is so blinkered, I often thought he would be lucky to see an election, he mingles very close with the punters.

Having watched that it will be a miracle. The man is being judged on colour and nothing else.

But Ken Obama rhythms with Osama, he must be a terrorist with a name like that.

I've heard some crazy Republicans stating that if Obama wins he will turn the country into a 'Moslem Nation'. Now even supposing that were true how could he do that? What mechanism could he possibly use to suddenly dictate a change of religion to 304,000,000 people?

The man is being judged on colour and nothing else.

That is certainly true in some cases but certainly not all.

For instance, I would despise & distrust Obama regardless of his colour, gender, or political ties. The more I read about him (including things he wrote himself) and the more I see of him on TV, the less I like him.

I started this political season with no views about the man whatever and though it interesting that the leading Democratic candidates were a female and a black man. Clinton had a track record I didn't like much but Obama basically had none that we knew much about and my views were neutral.

We do have our fair share of racists but as a percentage of the population, I suspect ours is not as high as the UK.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

What a charming lady.

Youtube Video ->Original Video

The most important thing to her is what she THINKS her imaginary friend cares about.

And some of you think that I should pussy foot around such ignorance, because she has 'faith' and that this 'faith' is some kind of virtue?

No way, not this shepherd laddie.

Edited by corydoras

That is certainly true in some cases but certainly not all.

For instance, I would despise & distrust Obama regardless of his colour, gender, or political ties. The more I read about him (including things he wrote himself) and the more I see of him on TV, the less I like him.

I started this political season with no views about the man whatever and though it interesting that the leading Democratic candidates were a female and a black man. Clinton had a track record I didn't like much but Obama basically had none that we knew much about and my views were neutral.

We do have our fair share of racists but as a percentage of the population, I suspect ours is not as high as the UK.

Let me see if I have this straight Newt

If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic, different.'.Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.

If your name is Barack, you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim. Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.

Graduate from Harvard Law School and you are unstable.

Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.

If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, become the

first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and

Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian. If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, left your wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society. If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed

teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.

If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America. If you're husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

Cory - I have enough words in my mouth to not need help with more that I did not say or even really think.

I have not ever said I am a big fan of the Republican pair. McCain is solid but I'm not sure his age isn't a problem since it is a seriously high stress job.

What I have said is that

- I do not like some of Obama's political positions - but that same can be said for the Democratic party in general.

- I do not trust Obama as far as I could throw a small town. I'm not sure what his real agenda is and I really don't want to find out. I do think he is smart enough and well connected to do some real damage before it would be generally noticed.

I don't know who first wrote the below but there is quite a bit of truth in it.

If you are not a Democrat at age 25, you have no heart.

If you are not a Republican at age 55, you have no brain

I'm 63 and apparently I do have a brain.

I do wish that world voting map someone posted here showing overwhelming support for Obama around the world could be widely circulated in the States - and even shown repeatedly on TV. It would greatly increase the chance of a Republican sweep this November.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President