Rod Licence Charges

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have never realy understood, does my money go towards club waters (still waters) or comercial fisheries as I have to pay to fish those and surely that goes towards maintaining the waters?? especially as most fisheries now charge in excess of £7 a day!?!??!?!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

In the article it says 160,000 people had their licenses checked last year, and 4,300 were convicted for fishing without one.

I can safely say I have seen and heard about many more incidencts of people likely to be fishing without licenses / poaching etc, than I have of people having their licenses checked.

I am not suggesting the above figures are wrong, but perhaps thjat they are checking in either the wrong places or perhaps, due to time constraints, just the easy to get to places.

These figures suggest that only 2% of people fish without a license, which from what I have seen and heard is utter rubbish.

I would happily pay £5 to £10 more on my license each year if it funded better patroling and checking of our river / lake / canal banks.

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I would happily pay £5 to £10 more on my license each year if it funded better patroling and checking of our river / lake / canal banks.

I suspect you'd be in the minority there, Simon. I expect that would mean even more people risking it without one.

I think the EA do a decent job with their limited resources, and I can see that they'd rather spend the money they do have on projects other than checking whether people have paid for a rod licence. Short-sighted maybe, but understandable. I agree, though, that it would be great if the EA were able to check licences more often.

It's been suggested before, but I think it would be a huge step forward if this was taken out on the EA's hands a bit and put the onus on fishery managers/clubs, who could only sell someone a day/season ticket if they could produce a valid licence. The EA could then concentrate on free fishing waters, especially around town centres.

Although I expect fishery managers would have something to say about that!

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's been suggested before, but I think it would be a huge step forward if this was taken out on the EA's hands a bit and put the onus on fishery managers/clubs, who could only sell someone a day/season ticket if they could produce a valid licence. The EA could then concentrate on free fishing waters, especially around town centres.

I agree. At Hamstead Heath to get a (free) permit you have to show them your fishing license, and I think that should be the same anyway.

After all you have to present your driving license to rent a car...

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I suspect you'd be in the minority there, Simon. I expect that would mean even fewer people risking it without one.

I think the EA do a decent job with their limited resources, and I can see that they'd rather spend the money they do have on projects other than checking whether people have paid for a rod licence. Short-sighted maybe, but understandable. I agree, though, that it would be great if the EA were able to check licences more often.

Hi Mate,

I'm with you here, every day ticket water should by law have to see the EA license prior to the day ticket being issued, if not seen IE postal applications then the license number should need to be quoted, also every club should request the licence number on each renewal application at the start of each season, easy.

This should not be instead of EA inspectors, but as well as, it would enhance the license collection and obviate the need of the EA to invest more funds in this area.

Regards.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

In the article it says 160,000 people had their licenses checked last year, and 4,300 were convicted for fishing without one.

I can safely say I have seen and heard about many more incidencts of people likely to be fishing without licenses / poaching etc, than I have of people having their licenses checked.

I am not suggesting the above figures are wrong, but perhaps thjat they are checking in either the wrong places or perhaps, due to time constraints, just the easy to get to places.

These figures suggest that only 2% of people fish without a license, which from what I have seen and heard is utter rubbish.

Simon

I was checked three times last year, on a private 'residents only' lake ... admittedly there's a holiday lodge on site, but why check everyone continuously?!?!?

I was checked three times last year, on a private 'residents only' lake ... admittedly there's a holiday lodge on site, but why check everyone continuously?!?!?

How long does it take to show your licence to someone?

When I was a committe member/bailif; I used to check everyone regularly for an EA licence as well as for a Club licence/Day ticket (Unless I remembered them showing me it on a recent check). Likewise I would have expected them to check me if they didn't recognise me or I fished another clubs waters.

After all we are all too quick to start moaning when we never see an EA bailif arent we?.

The EA do quite a few things that are not readilly known, and they are certainly better than they used to be.

Also see this link which shows Graham Marsdens Interview with the EA

BB leapingfish2.gif

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)